Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Started by TheVoiceOfNick, January 15, 2004, 01:01:29 PM

Sleepless

Fuck. I really hope this is true. I was at AFF and was lucky enough to see him give that presentation. The guy's a legitimate genius. I believe he has a similar (albeit extremely condensed) class on crafting the perfect beginning on the TS3 blu-ray.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

polkablues

It would be nice to have a guiding force behind it who, unlike George Lucas, actually understands why people liked the original Star Wars.

EDIT: No pun intended.  "Force."  Ugh.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

DARTH VADER TO BE RESURRECTED
Source: The Daily Express

ICONIC space villain Darth Vader is to be brought back from the dead for a new trilogy of Star Wars films.

Following news that Disney has bought the rights to the lucrative sci-fi franchise and plans to make at least three more movies, industry insiders say the evil Vader will grace the big screen again.

"He's an integral part of the franchise. Replacing him is virtually impossible," explains a film mole.

"The plan is for him to return and play a significant role in the new films."

Former bodybuilder turned actor David Prowse donned the black body armour in the original three films but the character was voiced by James Earl Jones.

Actor Hayden Christensen, who starred in the subsequent Star Wars prequels, was the last actor to appear in the suit following his character Anakin Skywalker's descent to the Dark Side.

Writer Michael Arndt is already working on the new Star Wars scripts.

The plan is for Darth Vader to return and play a significant role in the new films.

Fellow old favourites Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia – played by Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher – have already been tipped to reprise their respective roles.

While Vader seemingly met his end in the 1983 film The Return Of The Jedi it seems this will not stop his comeback.

"This is science fiction remember," we're told. "Darth Vader will rise from the ashes."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

can we get a star wars nerd to verify how this makes sense?

right now it sounds about as stupid as that joke walrus posted.

i remember reading somewhere though that in official star wars lore it's palpatine who resurrects a few times.
under the paving stones.

Sleepless

Xixax is always much better when you read threads in the same order that P replied to them  :yabbse-grin:
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

mogwai

Maybe they'll do a Terminator 2 where Darth is resurrected as the good Darth. And that he takes out Luke & Leia on fishing trips and shit.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Sleepless on November 14, 2012, 10:44:42 AM
Xixax is always much better when you read threads in the same order that P replied to them  :yabbse-grin:

Oh, good God.  Sleepless is gazing lovingly in P's window. 

pete

michael arndt's a great writer though. toy story 3 owned.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

J.J. Abrams Set to Direct Next 'Star Wars' Film (Exclusive)
Lucas Shaw 01/24/2013 1:33 PM

J.J. Abrams will direct the next "Star Wars" film for Disney, taking stewardship of one of Hollywood's most iconic and lucrative film franchises, an individual with knowledge of the production told TheWrap.

"Argo" director Ben Affleck was also in contention, another individual with knowledge of the talks told TheWrap.

Ever since Disney bought Lucasfilm last year and announced it would make new "Star Wars" films, fans, members of the media and industry executives have speculated about which director would take the job. Abrams' name always came up, but he told Entertainment Weekly in November that he wasn't going to take the job.

He did say "Star Wars" was the first movie that "blew my mind" in terms of special effects.

Lucasfilm Chief Kathleen Kennedy has been courting Abrams, one of the most successful directors and producers in Hollywood -- and a man beloved by fanboys. He runs one of the industry's top production companies, Bad Robot, and created or co-created television franchises like "Lost," "Fringe" and "Alias." He has also directed film spectacles "Mission: Impossible III," "Star Trek" and "Super 8."

The lure of the Jedi was too strong, and it will no doubt complicate his relationship with Paramount, where Bad Robot is a top supplier. Abrams has been feverishly working on "Star Trek Into Darkness," his second Star Trek film since he rebooted the franchise in 2009. "Into Darkness," still in post-production, opens May 18.

Though he has several producing jobs in front of him, Abrams had been uncommitted as a director. He will have to jump right into "Star Wars," which Disney has slated for a 2015 release. "Little Miss Sunshine" screenwriter Michael Arndt is penning the script.

Reached by TheWrap, Lynne Hale, spokeswoman for Lucasfilm, declined to comment immediately. Neither CAA, which represents Abrams, nor Bad Robot immediately responded to requests for comment.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Kellen

gonna have so much lens flare from those light sabers.

jenkins

Quote from: polkablues on January 24, 2013, 04:36:44 PM
The Geekverse just achieved singularity.
this killer joke with 0 asshole vibes has one like 'cause why. explain why (w/o system's fatal flaws -- listen can i just say 'rhetorical')

Reel

Jesus Christ what are you high on, and can I get some?

jenkins

your life trip seems fine to me. i like you

Stefen

Fat nerd director for a fat nerd franchise.

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.