Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Started by TheVoiceOfNick, January 15, 2004, 01:01:29 PM

Drenk

You've seen it? Does it contain a lot of footage or is it just mainly blackness with loud voices announcing something that almost the whole world knows is coming?
Ascension.

jenkins

nah when i clicked the link it'd already been snatched

Punch

"oh you haven't truly watched a film if you didn't watch it on the big screen" mumbles the bourgeois dipshit

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Cinematography looks too dynamic.
The cross lightsaber is dumb.
for all the touting about practical effects, I sure saw a lot of CG.

Just kidding, it's cool. a minute or so of footage and a definite Spelbergian influence shows. I'm not gonna knock the movie until it comes out and is bad, or good, or whatever. Just throwing out all the things uber-nerds and trolls will be complaining about.

Funny though, the dissonant music and fade-in on hills reminded me and my friend of CMBB, although y'know, not in a serious way. Figured the Xixaxers might catch that right off the bat, too.

what the hell is the point of the cross lightsaber??.the fuck  are two tiny horizontal lasers right above your hand going to do?

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Quote from: O3 on November 28, 2014, 11:11:53 AM
what the hell is the point of the cross lightsaber??.the fuck  are two tiny horizontal lasers right above your hand going to do?

Let's start a rumor that this is Abrams' take on Christianity being the true Dark Side.

Drenk

Ascension.

Jeremy Blackman

It's obviously supposed to look like one of these, but the actual result has the opposite practical effect. Where one expects protective/stabilizing outcroppings (what are those even called?), instead one finds deadly laser beams. If that actually makes the final cut, we must also see some self hand-capitations.

max from fearless

Drenk love your work there.

The trailer was cool and funky. I really miss the way the first two movies were shot. The framing, the slow pans, dissolves, wide shots. That Kurosawa/Ford homage shit. Miss it badly. But this still looks like it has a little bit of funk in it, fingers crossed.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on November 28, 2014, 12:44:36 PMwhat are those even called?

its called a crossguard, it prevents your opponents blade from sliding down yours into your hand, and prevents your hands from sliding up the blade when thrusting. which is what makes it so conceptually stupid. unless they shoot out or do something cool we haven't seen.

max from fearless

jenkins

Jeremy Blackman

Those side beams are still utterly pointless. I bet they don't made the final cut.

Fernando