Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Started by TheVoiceOfNick, January 15, 2004, 01:01:29 PM

TheVoiceOfNick

I heard on the radio this morning that a British website had "inside" information that George Lucas will begin pre-production on episodes 7-9 afterall.  I guess he couldn't leave bad enough alone.  Anyone have any more info on this?

modage

Star Wars: Flogging Dead Wookies
Source: Dark Horizons

Well as if the first two prequels weren't torture enough, it looks like some sequels might be on the way as well if you believe the latest rumours amongst the rabid 'Wars' fanbase which emerged in the latest issue of Brit movie mag Hot Dog according to TheForce.Net.

The December 2003 issue did an article on Peter Mayhew, better known as the walking car horn called Chewbacca, where its indicated that "Not only has he been rescued from obscurity and given the chance to reprise his role as our Wookiee comrade for Episode III, but his contract also stipulates that he'd be required to appear in Episodes 7, 8, and 9".

Its believable in terms of legal sense as it would save Lucas paying extra salary to Mayhew if it went ahead, but already there's swirlings that this is as good as a green light for post-Jedi adventures despite Lucasfilm's official stance on a sequel trilogy which at present remains a resolute "No".

In any case Lucas, McCallum and all those joes are buried in post-production work on the final prequel. Around two dozen FX shots of the 2,000+ amount required are complete. The opening sequence is revealed to revolve heavily around a missile carrying an important payload and a big scale space battle.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

context, context, context.

TheVoiceOfNick

Starwars.com is offering that opening battle scene for view online... has anyone downloaded it or at least seen it?  I'm curious about how it looks.

cine

Quote from: themodernage02Peter Mayhew, better known as the walking car horn called Chewbacca, where its indicated that "Not only has he been rescued from obscurity and given the chance to reprise his role as our Wookiee comrade for Episode III, but his contract also stipulates that he'd be required to appear in Episodes 7, 8, and 9".
I wonder if he's allowed to die or if he'll get sued for it.

pete

yeah it's probably gonna suck but I'll go see it.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Alethia

Pubrick

seriously what are they gonna do in 7-9?

"episode VII: 7 Years at Rancho Relaxo"
"episode VIII: Han Solo & Hans Moleman: the original Odd Couple"
"episode IX: Episode VI Upside Down"
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: P"episode IX: Episode VI Upside Down"
:yabbse-thumbup:

Duck Sauce

How about wait another 10 years, let CGI and technology improve... map out the story and then let somebody else write the script and direct it.

Kal

how about thinking of a new concept? this was absolutely great 20 years ago and will be great forever... but after 6 movies (and considering that the last one sucked) i believe its time to work on something fresh

Satcho9

I propose this:

Lucas commissions short films set in the Star Wars universe. Not involving any of the main essential characters. But these short films are to be directed by some of the newest and up-and-coming filmmakers. Similar to what BMW did with their films. But instead of a car tying everything together...It would be the star wars universe. THe possibilities are endless. Could you imagine what someone like Chris Cunningham or David Fincher could do with that material? It would certainly pump new life into the franchise and regenerate interest.

I dunno. Its just an idea. And at the risk of sounding pompous...i think its a great idea.

What do you all think?

Quote from: Satcho9I propose this:

Lucas commissions short films set in the Star Wars universe. Not involving any of the main essential characters. But these short films are to be directed by some of the newest and up-and-coming filmmakers. Similar to what BMW did with their films. But instead of a car tying everything together...It would be the star wars universe. THe possibilities are endless. Could you imagine what someone like Chris Cunningham or David Fincher could do with that material? It would certainly pump new life into the franchise and regenerate interest.

I dunno. Its just an idea. And at the risk of sounding pompous...i think its a great idea.

What do you all think?

I think you look like Wes Anderson.
context, context, context.

cowboykurtis

i think its a pretty shitty idea that has the potential of ruining careers
...your excuses are your own...