Interested in making a movie?

Started by Kal, November 24, 2003, 10:53:57 PM

Kal

Ok I have raised over the past few months a budget for different projects that I'm working on, one of them is a film.

We started with some different scripts for the presentations months ago, but now that I actually have the money I'm trying to get new ideas, screenplays, etc... and then decide what we're going to use for this movie.

I cant give detailed information on the forum but I can do it privately if you're interested. We have an interesting amount of money and the partnerships and contacts to make it a very interesting proyect and the first of many others to come.

If you think you can participate, either you wrote a script that you think its cool, or have ideas for it, let me know... Thanks :)

Kal

nobody reads this forum anymore or nobody cares about what i want to do? i though some people would be excited and interested...  :?

aclockworkjj

Quote from: andyknobody reads this forum anymore or nobody cares about what i want to do? i though some people would be excited and interested...  :?
nah man...it's not that.  this place has just been a little slow...i am assuming it's cause of thanksgiving.  

in the meantime...what kinda stuff are you into personally?  I mean, what kinda movie would you ideally like to see made?

Kal

The idea is more of a PTA film... no computers, no FX, just a real great fucking story...

it will be filmed in Argentina, which is amazing because you have all the weathers, all the different types of incredible places, and the city of Buenos Aires which is a mix of Paris and New York... its a great scenario for a great story about people...

The original script I was working on myself and then some experienced writers helped me finish it was very similar to Magnolia only cause it was about different people with different stories but all were connected...

But the fact now is that I need help to choose a story, and something that really fits and its original...

The reason it will be done in Argentina is because I already have studios, crew members, and a lot of stuff there... the costs are substancially less, and its a great place to film... they filmed 7 Years in Tibet there, Evita, some Robert Duvall films, and a lot of cool stuff...

aclockworkjj

Quote from: andykThe reason it will be done in Argentina is because I already have studios, crew members, and a lot of stuff there... the costs are substancially less, and its a great place to film... they filmed 7 Years in Tibet there, Evita, some Robert Duvall films, and a lot of cool stuff...
The setting for the story is kinda already set in stone, sorta....i mean, you aren't really gonna be able to make buenos aires into New York....know what I mean....

sounds like a good idea overall though.  don't take offense to no one responding here, as it's intimidating and sometimes i question how serious some are about being presented with a genuwine "good opprotunity" (assuming that is what you are offering).

Kal

Buenos Aires is a huge metropolis... it has over 11 million people... I dont know if you have ever been there but its fucking incredible... best setting for any kind of movie... and its like many of the Hollywood movies that now are being filmed in Europe (The Transporter, The Bourne Identity) or even movies like Love Actually. If you think about it, they could have been filmed somewhere else maybe but the escense is the story and the characters.

Besides, the idea is not only Buenos Aires but the Argentinean territory, which has incredible jungles, ice, mountains, deserts, whatever you want... its spectacular...

Yeah my project is not depending on some Xixax guy interested... I've been so involved in this place lately and I see some of you guys with great ideas and very intelligent ones that I thought maybe something good comes out from here... and this could be a very good opportunity for many people in here who are looking for one...

Anyways thanks jj you're always in the right place at the right time  :wink:

aclockworkjj

Quote from: andykBuenos Aires is a huge metropolis...
yeah, that's the "dumb american" in me.  i knew it had a lot of people, but didn't realize how big of an actual metropolis it is.

Kal

Yep its really huge... like NY but instead of islands is all messy and together... amazing place... definitily one of the places to go...

BTW if you want to see a cool movie filmed in Buenos Aires, "NINE QUEENS" is one of them... great movie and shows some of the city... another one "SON OF THE BRIDE" but doesnt really show much of the city... both movies are really great and some of the people involved in those including the production company are working with me and will be involved in my movie...

SON OF THE BRIDE was nominated for an Oscar last year, and NINE QUEENS won many other awards... both sold the rights to Columbia and Universal I believe for the remakes... it was rumored that Adam Sandler would star in the remake of Son of the Bride

Kal

some pics of BUENOS AIRES :)

in the last pic, the big building much taller than the others is where i have my apartment there... is the tallest building in Latin America, with 54 stories. its incredible how strange it looks cause all the other tall buildings are not more than 30... it looks like out of place

aclockworkjj

Quote from: andykin the last pic,
hah....almost reminds me of a picture from central park.  (the treeline set against the buildings).

Reinhold

i'll help. i'm exactly what you want, too. i'm 16 with no experience and mediocre-at-best high school acting talent. i have never finished a screenplay, but i'm getting over 100 percent in my film/media class. i have absolutely no money, but i work solely for experience in lieu of cash if the situation needs to be that way.i don' thave a passport and i'm finding that it's greatly difficult for me to make a resume to apply at a bike store. i'll do anything on camera as long as there is no risk of hepatitis. anything you'd like me to do?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

kotte

Quote from: Reinhold Messneri'll help. i'm exactly what you want, too. i'm 16 with no experience and mediocre-at-best high school acting talent. i have never finished a screenplay, but i'm getting over 100 percent in my film/media class. i have absolutely no money, but i work solely for experience in lieu of cash if the situation needs to be that way.i don' thave a passport and i'm finding that it's greatly difficult for me to make a resume to apply at a bike store. i'll do anything on camera as long as there is no risk of hepatitis. anything you'd like me to do?

That's the spirit! :?

Reinhold

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: Reinhold Messneri'll help. i'm exactly what you want, too. i'm 16 with no experience and mediocre-at-best high school acting talent. i have never finished a screenplay, but i'm getting over 100 percent in my film/media class. i have absolutely no money, but i work solely for experience in lieu of cash if the situation needs to be that way.i don' thave a passport and i'm finding that it's greatly difficult for me to make a resume to apply at a bike store. i'll do anything on camera as long as there is no risk of hepatitis. anything you'd like me to do?

That's the spirit! :?

perhaps that is why there is supposed to be so little honesty in this business.

nice emoticon, by the way.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Ghostboy

Quote from: andykSON OF THE BRIDE was nominated for an Oscar last year, and NINE QUEENS won many other awards... both sold the rights to Columbia and Universal I believe for the remakes... it was rumored that Adam Sandler would star in the remake of Son of the Bride

Nine Queens is being remade by Soderbergh (he produced, forget who directed) and stars John C. Reilly.

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: GhostboyNine Queens is being remade by Soderbergh (he produced, forget who directed) and stars John C. Reilly.
Gregory Jacobs, Soderbergh's longtime AD is directing, and the two co-wrote the script.