Film Trailers

Started by Recce, February 07, 2003, 10:43:14 PM

life_boy

Most teaser trailers are so much better than the other ones.

Quote from: BonBon85
Worst: Anything that starts with "In a world."

Of course there's always "until someone made it....personal."  This seems to be a cop thriller favorite.  I think the music-to-record-scratch is a favorite comedy trailer effect (especially for fish-out-of-water comedies).

Duck Sauce

I actually liked the T3 trailer.   :oops:

Redlum

The PhoneBooth trailer is fantastic.

Apart from the camp voice onthe other end of the phone anyway.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/phone_booth/
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

bonanzataz

Quote from: life_boyI think the music-to-record-scratch is a favorite comedy trailer effect (especially for fish-out-of-water comedies).

I like in the trailer for the new Steve Martin movie when he's preparing for a date and opens the door and Queen Latifah's there being all black and the record scratch happens! HAHAHAHAHA!

It might have sounded like sarcasm, but it really does make me laugh.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

©brad

I like the 25th hour trailer, but have a question. What is the song that plays towards the end of it? You can watch it over at www.movies.com.

I thought the trailer for Gangs of New York was excellent, as is the trailers for Magnolia and PDL. I have only seen the trailer for Boogie Nights once in the theater so I don't remember much of it.

Victor

saw adaptation aagin last night and the trailers were fucking terrible (including tears of the sun, baa) and i just wanted to punch the back of the guys head in front of me more and more as they went on. i realized somehting too. trailers are THE number one fucking reason people talk during the movie. When the lights go down, everyone gets quiet, right. then thetrailers come up. after about two, most people are whispering to each other. after about 4, everyones fucking TALKING. Then the movie starts, and people have already settled in to this dark talking fucking enviroment. there should eiher be less trailers, or have the lights stay on until AFTER ALL OF THE FUCKING SHITTY JOHN TRAVOLTA HAS TO SAVE SAM JACKSON FROM A MILITARY BASE WITH BENICIO DEL TORO HUNTING AL PACINOS RECRUITS THAT BRUCE WILLIS IS TRYING TO RESCUE BULLSHIT IS OVER.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Cecil

Quote from: Lesteri realized somehting too. trailers are THE number one fucking reason people talk during the movie.

yeah but its fun to whisper a bit in between trailers "that looks cool", "that looks really sucky"

no, no, stop being nice and blaming the trailers. people need to keep their own damn mouths shut during the feature presentation. thats all there is to it.

Victor

Quote from: cecil b. dementedyeah but its fun to whisper a bit in between trailers "that looks cool", "that looks really sucky"

your right, people need to take responsibility for their own loudmouth jerkoff selves. but they wont, and trailers are only encouraging them. theyre conversation stimulators, man. imagine the beginning to 2001. the lights go down, the scren is black, theres the music...now imagine it with a bunch of shitty trailers right before it.

maybe they need to go after the movie.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Lester
maybe they need to go after the movie.
That's where they used to be... why they call them "trailers".
but no one will watch them unless they are before it.

I like trailers, it's part of the experience.  People are just rude, that's why they talk during the movie.  Trailers have been in front of films for a long time now, you can't blame that.

What I hate about movies now is the fact that there are actual commercials in front of the trailers.  These are ridiculous.  HBO doesn't have commercials and that's cheaper than the theater.  We pay for movies so we don't have to watch commercials... except now we do.

I'm planning on organzing a boycott of theaters that show commercials in front of the trailers.

Victor

Quote from: RegularKarate

I'm planning on organzing a boycott of theaters that show commercials in front of the trailers.

Fight the power, RK.

Travis Bickle

i haaaaaaate when trailers use the same music from other movies. for instance, truth about charlie using snatch music. it pisses me off for some reason.

also, i think going to the movies all the time and seeing the same trailers over and over makes me not want to see the film. i'm so sick of that life of david gale preview.

bonanzataz

Quote from: Travis Bicklei haaaaaaate when trailers use the same music from other movies. for instance, truth about charlie using snatch music. it pisses me off for some reason.

also, i think going to the movies all the time and seeing the same trailers over and over makes me not want to see the film. i'm so sick of that life of david gale preview.

I hate it more. I was about to shit myself when they used the Requiem music in the LOTR trailer. That angered me.

I haven't seen a movie in a while and haven't seen the David Gale preview once ('cept for the 30 second ones during TV commercial breaks).
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Trailers are previews for upcoming releases that studios use to get the word out months in advance, so, of course, the final mix and score compositions aren't completed yet or picture isn't 'locked' (also why temp music is used in preview screenings). It's also cheaper for studios to just buy the rights for use of a previous score for a trailer than to commission one. That's why you always hear the score from "Aliens" in practically every action movie trailer, or "Bram Stoker's Dracula" in every suspense movie trailer.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

While the Requiem score in the TT trailer was a bit distracting, I imagine a lot of people didn't recognize it. That was a wonderfully cut trailer, in my opinion. And I appreciated the fact that they re-orchestrated the music.

godard

right now, the best trailer that i can think of seeing is 'The Man Who Wasn't There' - it was so good, i watched it too much and knew the lines for the scenes of the movie that were in it, it was a little weird