Kill Bill: Volume Two

Started by MacGuffin, September 24, 2003, 01:38:09 AM

cine

Anybody who's pissed off is just spoiled.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

the 5th film by quentin tarantino........

ono

This annoys me to no end.  It's ONE fucking film.  Same characters, same storyline, but Tarantino sees dollar signs and must take the greedy, pretentious route.  Ugh.  Thanks for posting that, Mac, though.  I don't know, I still am excited about seeing the second part, but the further on we get with the wait, and the further we get from the initial film, the more overhyped I think it was.

cine

We'll forgive him soon enough.

analogzombie

Quote from: ©brad
i have a theory that if joel silver and whoever makes decisions over at warner bros. woulda waited a little longer to release matrix revolutions, it might have been received/seen on a much larger scale.

I don't know about that one. maybe that would have been true, only if what you mean is that the bad word of mouth from reloaded would have had more time to settle down before revolutions came out. and maybe people who saw reloaded would have forgotten how awful it was.

i really don't think revolutions could be saved from itself. It's a bad movie, so is Reloaded. that's what killed them (even though they both made tons of cash) I read somewhere a month ago that Warner was hoping Revolutions would stick around in theaters long enough for it to compete witht he christmas movie releases. HAHAHHAHA
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

MacGuffin

Quote from: analogzombieI read somewhere a month ago that Warner was hoping Revolutions would stick around in theaters long enough for it to compete witht he christmas movie releases. HAHAHHAHA

Why is that funny? Why wouldn't a studio want their films to have 'legs'?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

I think he's laughing at it's abrupt decline since it had so much hype and it just DROPPED after the first weekend.

analogzombie

Quote from: CinephileI think he's laughing at it's abrupt decline since it had so much hype and it just DROPPED after the first weekend.

exactly, thanks Cinephile  :)

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

BAck to "Kill Bill": I don't think I'm going to be able to judge the piece as a whole until the Vol. 2 comes out because there are so many unanswered tidbits from Vol. 1 that it doesn't stand out to me as a WHOLE film. 5th film is still a nice way to put it, considering the amount of work it takes to deliver ONE high-quality Hour Thirty minutes of entertainment, but as a story, I still think this is the 4th film.
hey, was Magnolia the 3rd and 4th film by PT Anderson???
I'm goin' to bed.

Pubrick

Quote from: AntiDumbFrogQuestionhey, was Magnolia the 3rd and 4th film by PT Anderson???
actually it was the third volume of his first film, Hardboogienolia.
under the paving stones.

picolas

Quote from: ©bradi have a theory that if joel silver and whoever makes decisions over at warner bros. woulda waited a little longer to release matrix revolutions, it might have been received/seen on a much larger scale.
i'm of the antitheory. releasing the second in a series of something with such time between just gives me more time to get accidentally spoilt betwixt.

Quote from: i, (in another thread),...shit. this is what happens when you cut something in half and then spread it apart. you're far more likely to see the bloody entrails of the second half when you're coming towards it than if you had left the thing alone.

brockly

Quote from: picolasmore time to get accidentally spoilt betwixt.

your walking a thin line there buddy.

Quote from: Pi am not pissed off.

niether am i. not until an official word comes out that is. then i'll explode.

although, i was quite sure the Cannes thing WAS official. infact the source i heard it from was pretty reliable, so i'm almost certain. don't know anything about the premiere, but i'm quite possitive that vol. 2 will open Cannes.

Quote from: GhostboyIf I remember correctly, they sometimes pick an opening night film that's already opened in the US.

hope this is true, and i hope uma was misinformed. no need to kill yet, there is still hope.

analogzombie

I think the circumstantial evidence tends to suggest a release date for Vol. 2 and the Dvd of Vol. 1 to get pushed back:
-Uma mentioning it might get pushed back on The View
-No DVD artwork online
-Amazon and other e-tailers have no official release date for the dvd
-No Kill Bill Vol. 2 trailer attached to any X-mas released film
-rumors surrounding a trip to Cannes

yeah, i think it's 95% for sure this baby is getting pushed back

at any rate, maybe it means Tarantino is developing Vol. 2 into something much bigger and better than originally intended. i mean, he's even said the tone and style of the movie is going to be very different from volume one. and the teaser on the Japanese site says something like: "vol.2 Kill is Love". so perhaps its for the best. i just want to see the best film tarantino can make. now if it's done and it's merely a thing of pushing it back for box office strategy, well then, I'll throw a hissy fit. But that is only b/c I am excited to see it. But I really hope the DVD of Vol. 1 isn't pushed tooo far back, but it seems to be the trend lately to release a DVD within a couple weeks of the sequel's theatrical debut.

SoNowThen

Quote from: P
Quote from: AntiDumbFrogQuestionhey, was Magnolia the 3rd and 4th film by PT Anderson???
actually it was the third volume of his first film, Hardboogienolia.

tsk, all the real fans know it's actually called Sydboogienolia.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.