Kill Bill: Volume Two

Started by MacGuffin, September 24, 2003, 01:38:09 AM

MacGuffin

Quote from: analogzombieat any rate, maybe it means Tarantino is developing Vol. 2 into something much bigger and better than originally intended.

Maybe it means QT is a lazy ass. From his appearance on Conan O' Brien:

Quote from: MacGuffinC: “Kill Bill Volume 1” is in theaters now. And “Volume 2” is coming...
QT: Coming out, hopefully if I get it done in time, Feburary.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

brockly

the poster is now up at imdb, the one that says "5th film by Quentin Tarantino".

And it says: "In theatres Febuary 2004"! Why would they have only just released it if they were sure it would be delayed?

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: P
Quote from: AntiDumbFrogQuestionhey, was Magnolia the 3rd and 4th film by PT Anderson???
actually it was the third volume of his first film, Hardboogienolia.

tsk, all the real fans know it's actually called Sydboogienolia.

lol (and I never type that unless it's true). I forgot all about SydBoogieNolia-Drunk Love. And I think the next film is called Happy Birthday! (ask Stefen) so there's your volume 5 of this whole deal.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: analogzombieat any rate, maybe it means Tarantino is developing Vol. 2 into something much bigger and better than originally intended.

Maybe it means QT is a lazy ass. From his appearance on Conan O' Brien:

Quote from: MacGuffinC: "Kill Bill Volume 1" is in theaters now. And "Volume 2" is coming...
QT: Coming out, hopefully if I get it done in time, Feburary.

Valid point, though I personally feel he's trying to cram every last bit of work into it.  I don't know how we'll argue this til we have proof, so we'll have to agree to disagree here.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

bonanzataz

Quote from: AntiDumbFrogQuestionhey, was Magnolia the 3rd and 4th film by PT Anderson???

it's really sad that i thought it would have been so hilarious to post this exact same thing. i thought i was being so clever and original. then i realized i'm on a message board with pta geeks and sonowthen got to it first. i just...can't go on.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

SoNowThen

Quote from: taz.

it's really sad that i thought it would have been so hilarious to post this exact same thing. i thought i was being so clever and original. then i realized i'm on a message board with pta geeks and sonowthen got to it first. i just...can't go on.

hehe, that's happened to me soooo many times here...

oh and that's just awesome news about Kill Bill getting delayed. I know sarcasm over the internet is a hard read, so let me say again, awesome news. On a scale of 1 to awesome, 1 being not awesome at all, and awesome being totally awesome, I'd say this is about an awesome times 100.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: SoNowThenoh and that's just awesome news about Kill Bill getting delayed. I know sarcasm over the internet is a hard read, so let me say again, awesome news. On a scale of 1 to awesome, 1 being not awesome at all, and awesome being totally awesome, I'd say this is about an awesome times 100.

What the fuck?
Si

Fernando

Quote from: MacGuffinClint over at Movie Hole tells Latino Review some interesting news regarding Kill Bill Vol 2. As most of us know, it has been rumored that the film will be delayed and Uma herself had mentioned it as well. Here is what Clint had to say:

Buena Vista in Australia says that "Kill Bill : Volume 2" will not be being released in February, nor April here. Instead, it's coming out in June, or later. Apparently it's going to Cannes first. Sounds like that might be the deal world wide. Big Bummer!

Will keep you posted on this!

If that's true, then here are the movies that would be against KB:VII. Starting in april.

April 2nd. : Hellboy (Del Toro), Envy (Levinson), Home of the Range (Comedy with Cuba, S.J. Parker, J. Tilly, Judi Dench)

April 9th. : The Alamo (Hancock), Walking Tall (With The Rock), The Whole Ten Yards (With Willis and Perry)

April 16th. : The Punisher

April 23rd. : Man on Fire (Tony Scott), Secret Window (Koepp)

April 30th. : Godsend (With De Niro, Kinnear), Laws of Attraction (With Brosnan, J. Moore)

May 7th. : Van Helsing (With Huge Jackman), NY Minute (With the Olsen twins - P's most anticipated film of the year)

May 14th. : Troy (Petersen), Mr. 3000 (With Bernie Mac)

May 21st. : Shrek 2, Eulogy (With Ray Romano, W. Ryder, Azaria)

May 28th. : The Day After Tomorrow (Emmerich), 13 going on 30 (With J. Garner)

June 4th. : Harry Potter and the Prisioner of Azkaban

June 11th. : The Chronicles of Riddick (With xixax favourite Vin Diesel), The Stepford Wives (Oz)

June 18th. : The Terminal (Spielberg), Garfield: The Movie

June 25th. : Dodgeball: The Movie (With Ben Stiller)

July 2nd. : Spiderman 2 (Raimi)

July 9th. : King Arthur (Fuqua), Anchorman (With Will Ferrell)

July 16th. : I Robot (Proyas), A Cinderella Story (With Hillary Duff)

July 23rd. : The Bourne Supremacy (With Matt Damon), White Chicks (Wayans)

July 30th. : Catwoman

So, if they release it on april I think theypretty much can do ti any weekend, on may it gets a little trickier, maybe the 7th. June's only weak date is 25th. but Spiderman comes next weekend, and as for July maybe the 30th as I don't think Catwoman will be that strong.

Let's just hope they don't hold it any longer, or even better stick to feb/20.

edison

Thanks for the summer release schedule.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Brock Landersthe poster is now up at imdb, the one that says "5th film by Quentin Tarantino"

I hope JB reads that.

QuoteBuena Vista in Australia says that "Kill Bill : Volume 2" will not be being released in February, nor April here. Instead, it's coming out in June, or later. Apparently it's going to Cannes first. Sounds like that might be the deal world wide. Big Bummer!

THOSE INGLORIOUS BASTARDS
context, context, context.

modage

Miramax Home Video have today confirmed a delay for the region one release of Kill Bill: Volume One which stars the lovely Uma Thurman and Lucy Liu. The disc was originally scheduled for a release on the 3rd February this year, but because of the delay to the theatrical release of Volume Two, the disc has now been put back until March at the earliest. Volume Two is now scheduled for a theatrical release in April. I'm afraid that's all we know at present, but we'll let you know as soon as we hear anything else. We're expecting the official announcement to arrive within the next few weeks, so stay tuned for that!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

brockly

On imdb, the French release date has been changed from March 3 to June 2004. All the other dates remain the same at present, but this seems like further indication of a Cannes premier. FUCK!!!!

Alethia

i really don't think the average movie goer is gonna give a fuck about volume two, especially since its being delayed....well thats at least what i fear.....

Pedro

this takes something away from the whole film...i think it would only work if released in a very short period of time between the two...this is just too long of a wait...i gotta find a divx copy or something...spark my interest again