New DVDs???

Started by Keener, September 10, 2003, 07:33:57 PM

gob

Mmm. Double-dip goodness.

Pubrick

P.S. The most enjoyably Kubrickian film I have seen since Kubrick is "Punch-Drunk Love". I think I'll create a web page for that someday . . .

maybe you should read the first post of the introduction thread after all, just so you know who you're dealing with here..

forever and ever and ever . . .
let's not use that word.. it frightens me. the important thing is we have his movies now, and hopefully for a long time to come.
under the paving stones.

Chest Rockwell

For what it's worth, I think this "special features" DVD stuff is so much rubbish. Who needs it? Just give me the films. I remember seeing a Kubrick retrospective at the L.A. County Museum of Art some years back. The guy running the show (someone who had something to do with the Criterion Collection, I think) announced that he had spoken with Kubrick on the telephone to ask him how he (Kubrick) wanted the introductions to the films to run. Kubrick replied, "Just show the films." This is how I feel with the Kubrick DVDs.
True, but it couldn't hurt, long as in the process they also create a great transfer of the movies themselves. Special features can help to understand the picture's placement in time and space, so to say.

Pubrick

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on November 14, 2006, 06:38:21 AM
Special features can help to understand the picture's placement in time and space, so to say.
i know what you mean, but i don't think you said what you meant.
under the paving stones.

hedwig

Watching a Kubrick film is like putting a floppy disk into the computer
obsolete? :(

socketlevel

Quote from: Hedwig on November 19, 2006, 11:16:24 PM
Watching a Kubrick film is like putting a floppy disk into the computer
obsolete? :(

i like putting floppy disks in the computer
the one last hit that spent you...

MacGuffin

The following is from an on-line chat with executives from Warner Home Video, held on Monday, February 26th on The Home Theater Forum:

[Adam_Santangelo] Thanks for my Ultimate Superman set. It was a big part of my life in Q4 2006. Can you give us the full scoop on the upcoming Kubrick SEs (titles, extras)? I'm specifically curious about thoughts on 16:9/5.1 vs. Kubrick's 4:3/mono preference. I think we're all hoping for the full range of viewing options, or at least official word on what Mr. Kubrick wanted us to see on home video... Thanks

[WARNER] We're glad you enjoyed the Superman set. We're not ready to reveal details on this year's Kubrick promotion as they are still somewhat formulating, but a promotion will definitely be in stores before Xmas.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Xx

Julius Orange

Quote from: flagpolespecial on March 01, 2007, 02:25:35 AM
i just spew(ed?).

it was a spew of happiness.

Sometimes I'm glad I can never be happy again. (because of the smiling accident June '02)

Thanks
email your opinnumber to NEW EMAIL juliusorange@gmail.com

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 28, 2007, 10:47:48 PM
We're not ready to reveal details on this year's Kubrick promotion as they are still somewhat formulating, but a promotion will definitely be in stores before Xmas.

Bullshit.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Some HD-DVD copies of The Ultimate Matrix Collection (due in stores next Tuesday) will come packaged with a pamphlet promoting the forthcoming high-def release (in both formats) of Blade Runner and a number of Stanley Kubrick films including 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket and the unrated Eyes Wide Shut. All are expected before the end of the year.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

welcome to non-US 1999. except for the hi-def of course. and i hope they're not snubbing barryndon.
under the paving stones.

Xx

Ravi

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=65399

Warner Home Video Director's Series: Stanley Kubrick Collection (R1) in October

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Warner Home Video Director's Series: Stanley Kubrick Collection on 23rd October 2007. In the works for some time now, the films of Stanley Kubrick have been restored and remastered for this new collection which is expected to feature a large number of both archive and new bonus features. A full press release is yet to be issued, but we do have some preliminary information, prices and even some artwork for you...

Warner have revealed the following titles due on 23rd October...

2001: A Space Odyssey (2-Disc Special Edition) - $26.99 SRP
A Clockwork Orange (2-Disc Special Edition) - $26.99 SRP
Eyes Wide Shut (2-Disc Special Edition) - $26.99 SRP
The Shining (2-Disc Special Edition) - $20.97 SRP
Barry Lyndon - $19.97 SRP
Lolita - $19.97 SRP
Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures (Kubrick Collection 2001 Release) - $19.97 SRP

Full Metal Jacket (Deluxe Edition) is also listed but currently only for Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD, though it is listed as part of the complete Warner Home Video Director's Series: Stanley Kubrick Collection which is priced at $79.92 SRP but only includes the Special Edition titles and the A Life in Pictures documentary disc (no Lolita or Barry Lyndon).

Initial specs on the Special Edition titles suggest Widescreen transfers and 5.1 Surround audio only. Please note however full specs and release plans are yet to be confirmed, but are likely to surface soon.

Fernando

YES!!!  :onfire:

I wonder which features EWS will have, that is the one I'm more excited about, The Shining too.

WTF is with the artwork of ACO not having the 'A'?  :nono: