wats with his dvd's?..

Started by Anonymous, January 27, 2003, 12:11:09 PM

Anonymous

ive got clockwork orange on dvd, and there is no special features, nothing, are all of kubricks other dvd's like that? out of all movies, clockwork should have some special features!

chris

Cecil

paths of glory: nothing

spartacus: criterion collection 2-disc set (i aint listing all the features)

lolita: nothing

dr. strangelove SE:* Featurette: "The Art of Stanley Kubrick: From Short              
                               Films to Strangelove"
                           * Documentary: "Inside the Making of Dr. Strangelove"
                           * Original split-screen interview with Peter Sellers and
                              George C. Scott
                           * Original advertising gallery

2001: nothing

clockwork: nothing

barry lyndon: nothing

shinning: * The Making of "The Shining" with commentary by director
                Vivian Kubrick

EWS: * interviws with tom cruise, nicole kidman, and steven spielberg

there are also collectors editions of 2001, clockwork, and full metal jacket that comes with the soundtrack, a 70mm film still and 16 page booklet (or something like that, not sure about the 70mm still for all of them)

also for lolita, strangelove, clockwork, barry, shinning, and full metal jacket there are the original mono releases and then new 5.1 realeases and anamorphic. (i think lolita remained in mono though).

and there are also 1 if not 2 other versions of spartacus that arent the criterion edition

Duck Sauce

Eventually they will find a way to release special editions and ultra special editions of each. The cash will be flowing, and I plan to get a piece of the action.

MacGuffin

Quote from: cecil b. dementedthere are also collectors editions of 2001, clockwork, and full metal jacket that comes with the soundtrack, a 70mm film still and 16 page booklet (or something like that, not sure about the 70mm still for all of them)

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil

in vietnam the wind doesnt blow it sucks???

what the fuck?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: cecil b. dementedin vietnam the wind doesnt blow it sucks???

what the fuck?

Kubrick would be rolling in his grave. Like I said before, that movie is never taken seriously enough. Musta been all that borderline comedy stuff at the beginning. Sigh...

Gold Trumpet

Kubrick's a hard believer in just letting the movie speak for itself. That's why he never did audio commentaries or put a lot of extras onto his dvds because he thought that even interviews, or documentaries would be speaking too much for interpretation on the film. It's sad because I would love for his dvds to have so many extra things to it, even like things relating to the history of the film and all that, not interpretational things.

I've heard of a special edition coming out for each movie and all, but I have no hopes of any anytime soon.

There are a lot of Kubrick movies that need to be made Criterion except just Spartacus, which is a good film at best and not really a Kubrick film anyways.

~rougerum

Cecil

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: cecil b. dementedin vietnam the wind doesnt blow it sucks???

what the fuck?

Kubrick would be rolling in his grave. Like I said before, that movie is never taken seriously enough. Musta been all that borderline comedy stuff at the beginning. Sigh...

hey i love full metal jacket to death.

its just that tagline, which i never heard before. sounds weird.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: cecil b. dementedhey i love full metal jacket to death.

its just that tagline, which i never heard before. sounds weird.

I love FMJ too and I agree with you... I was just saying whoever wrote that tagline (probably a studio exec or a studio exec's trained monkey) probably thinks it's a joke.

Gold Trumpet

kubrick wrote it.

~rougerum

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: The Gold Trumpetkubrick wrote it.

:shock:

Prove it.

Gold Trumpet

Nothing really to prove. Kubrick controls every single aspect of marketing, from what goes on the posters to what exact newspapers advertisements the movie will go in. Kubrick even has had movie theatres change their seating, like one time when he had the first two rows of a cinema taken out because he felt it was too close to the screen. Kubrick even has personally has called up theatres around the world when hearing complaints of his film being out of focus. this is no bullshit. He is the absolute controller of everything that goes into the marketing and the closest any studio exec will ever get near what he does is by seeing an advertisement in a local paper for one of his films and pissing on it. Kubrick either wrote that himself or he approved it.
He likely wrote it since he is the main person doing the marketing for his movies.

~rougerum

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetKubrick controls ... He is the absolute controller ... He likely wrote it since he is the main person doing the marketing for his movies.

1. That is a new tagline for a new edition.

2. Kubrick is dead.

:|

Gold Trumpet

it was on the original poster.

~rougerum

Cecil

the one ive always seen was "vietnam can kill me but it cant make me care"