Lost Highway

Started by ono, July 23, 2003, 08:48:09 PM

Jeremy Blackman

It's there alright, but fullscreen?

I'm skeptical. They probably accidentally stocked up on the VHS.

Quote from: MacGuffinbut look below and you will find details of a 5.1 English and German track, the correct widescreen ratio, along with Cast & Crew Interviews.
I'm not seeing that.

mogwai

watching lost highway in fullscreen is pure murder.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: mogwaiwatching lost highway in fullscreen is pure murder.
That's the only way I've seen it.  :yabbse-sad:

MacGuffin

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: MacGuffinbut look below and you will find details of a 5.1 English and German track, the correct widescreen ratio, along with Cast & Crew Interviews.
I'm not seeing that.

Look under Language and Sound and you'll see the 5.1 tracks. I don't see the widescreen correction, but Other Features lists the interactive menus and cast and crew interviews.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

this is incredible news if its:

1. true
2. in widescreen

if not, my widescreen vhs is still working fine/clear.

RegularKarate

My guess is that Netflix is just getting a new supply of the fulllscreen version.  We would have heard of this by now otherwise.

a shame, but I put i on my queue anyway because I haven't seen it since the theater.

Jeremy Blackman

I found some clips here to see what it looks like in widescreen. It's really different. I remember Robert Blake's head filling the whole screen.

Pubrick

if it's that important to u get the region 4..

u know, like the rest of the world does every time region 1 gets the best version of a dvd.
under the paving stones.

Two Lane Blacktop

I bought the Canadian (I think)  DVD of Lost Highway off Ebay some time ago, and when I got it and saw it was in fullscreen, never even watched it.  I still have my widescreen VHS, but I'm not giving up hope Lynch will work on a proper DVD for this, now that he's got Wild At Heart out of the way.

2LB
Body by Guinness

MacGuffin

No Lost Highway DVD in March
Source: Dugpa

I got word back from Universal that there are currently no plans to release Lost Highway on DVD at this time. The Netflix date looks to be the day they will be carrying the Canadian DVD for rental. Word has it that Universal is waiting for the whole Robert Blake scandal to blow over before they release the DVD fearing bad press. Go figure. Just another good reason to go out and get a region free DVD player. More news as it comes.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: MacGuffinWord has it that Universal is waiting for the whole Robert Blake scandal to blow over before they release the DVD fearing bad press.

Oh, god damn it.  I hadn't even thought of that.   :brickwall:

How incredibly annoying.  It's not like the film has a HUGE audience, anyway...  they could just release it with little to no buzz, and we fans will take our copies and quietly go home with them without ever mentioning Mr Blake.  

2LB
Body by Guinness

Jeremy Blackman

Wouldn't the Robert Blake scandal connection be good press?

Fernando

Quote from: Pubrickif it's that important to u get the region 4..

u know, like the rest of the world does every time region 1 gets the best version of a dvd.

But that version still is in fullscreen, isn't?

I've seen it and it says it's Pan and Scan, unless there's another version I'm not aware of.

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanWouldn't the Robert Blake scandal connection be good press?

As much as we tend to think of Hollywood as "Scandaltown USA," I think the studio bosses are actually deathly afraid of scandal.  Remember how they held back the release of Phone Booth because of the sniper(s) running around in the DC area at the time?  I mean, who would have ever made THAT connection?  Not me.

Mind you, studio bosses are afraid of their own shadows and fascinated by shiny objects, so this should be no big surprise.  

2LB
Body by Guinness