7/18 Best Buy ad question

Started by JP, July 20, 2003, 08:50:27 PM

JP

Wondering if anyone can help me out.  In Sunday's 7/18 Best Buy ad, they have a 2 for $25 thing with 2-DVD collector's editions of Cast Away, The Sound of Music, Planet of the Apes (one with Marky), The Abyss, and Independence Day (according to the ad, all are available now and are Best Buy exclusives).  I checked out bestbuy.com to check out specs, but they don't have anything listed.  At amazon.com they have those listed as a 7/22 release, but no specs.  Does anyone have any info on these?

MrBurgerKing

You have to ask MacMuffin about these things, how the hell should we know? Most of us here are hermits who are on the computer all the time playing yahoo pool and driving to Wendys or Burger King for lunch. Actually, that's just me, but I try to justify my lifestyle and comfort myself into thinking that everyone is a sad, juicy prick like me. It's not the case though, and it will never be the case. Thanks a lot, JP (or Jurassic Park, whichever you prefer), you've made me realize what a life I lead. You are truly a great and miserable scumbag, but we all love you for that.

MrBurgerKing

To remain slightly on topic, Jurassic Park, perhaps the 7/22 release date is in reference to a price reduction on those DVDs. Sorry to call you a great and miserable scum bag by the way. It's hard to tell your personalitiy from just one post. It seems like you wear your heart on your sleeve though. You're a good man, I hope to see you around here more often.

MacGuffin

From DVDFile:

Fox Home Entertainment will reissue a number of their most popular two-disc special editions previously placed on moratorium beginning October 14th. The titles include: The Abyss, Cast Away, Fight Club, Independence Day, Moulin Rouge, The Sound of Music and the 2001 remake of Planet of the Apes. Retail is $26.95 each.

So it looks like the extras are the same from the first pressing of these titles, and it looks like they bumped up the date too. And the reason you can find any info on them on bestbuy.com is because it's an 'in-store' promotion only.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

JP

Thanks, MacGuffin.  I was wondering why I couldn't find any of the 2 disc Fight Club.  Now I know.  The "available now" threw me off.  Thanks again.

I didn't mean to put you down MrBK.  You shouldn't be too hard on yourself.  At least you go out, so you're not really a hermit.  And maybe, just maybe some day all the yahoo pool you have played will somehow pay off.