fear and loathing cover art revelation

Started by sphinx, January 23, 2003, 12:02:28 AM

sphinx

everyone remember that fake cover art i made almost a year back that made it's rounds all over the internet?  well, this has nothing to do with it.  but still, i find it interesting.

criterion's cover art for the film, which we've all seen before

and suddenly, this strange, fake looking cover art from dvdempire.

i have come to the conclusion that the dvdempire cover art is correct, and here's why: since this is a 2 disc release, and criterion is publishing all their new 2 disc releases in a regular 2 disc case (like traffic and 8 1/2), but also putting a box around it (like the royal tenenbaums).  i suspect that this 'box' that's around the regular case is transparent, and only has the title and those bats on it, which explains why everything has an odd shadow.  if any of you have seen the case for the 3 disc set of toy story, you'll know what i'm talking about here.  it's a really cool idea, and i'm pretty sure that's what they're doing here.

Cecil

criterion also did something similar to that (transparent case thing) with brazil 3 disc set.

yes, yes, sphinx... good work.

Duck Sauce

MacGuffin

sphinx, you should put an actual size copy of your version up for us to print out so we can slide it into their version.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Satcho9

phil marlowe

Quote from: cecil b. dementedcriterion also did something similar to that (transparent case thing) with brazil 3 disc set.

I was actually planning on bying this one. Is it any good?

RegularKarate

Quote from: Phil Marlowe
Quote from: cecil b. dementedcriterion also did something similar to that (transparent case thing) with brazil 3 disc set.

I was actually planning on bying this one. Is it any good?

It's a tad pricey, but I think it's really good.

Seems almost a waste of the disk to have the edited version though... just because you could really only want to watch it once with commentary.

phil marlowe

Quote from: RegularKarateIt's a tad pricey, but I think it's really good.

Seems almost a waste of the disk to have the edited version though... just because you could really only want to watch it once with commentary.

Yeah, the money thing IS a problem taking in consideration that i dont have any. I only have an avi version in medium shitty QT on my computer but since i think it is one of the most unique and mindblowing films ever i just have to get the fattest edition available.

sphinx

Quote from: Phil Marlowefattest

i am posessed by the ghost of pubrick when i say

phat.

Cecil

brazil criterion collection is a very important dvd, especially if youre an aspiring filmmaker. youll learn alot about editing, the butchered 94 minute version is a must.

Xixax

God that movie sucked ass.

I've never cared for Hunter S. Thompson, either.

I guess I just don't get it.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

sphinx

Quote from: XixaxGod that movie sucked ass.

:(

that is understandable, since from a certain perspective the movie has little plot or structure.

you suck megamix

bluejaytwist

i heard that alot of independant short films arent getting made in canada right now
must be frustrating for anyone trying. ERRRRRRRRRRRR  not trying, for a devils advocate types
oh well
try again later i suppose?
tough luck boys. good to be in the good ol us of a
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

sphinx

this esssplains it all, jay.  have fun in the new wonderland

bluejaytwist

not retiring. just tiring.
we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, we should return shortly