Author Topic: Golden Exits  (Read 725 times)

wilder

• Respect: +1769
Golden Exits
« on: January 20, 2017, 04:54:40 PM »
+1

Nick has settled into a safe existence in a small pocket of Brooklyn, where he currently toils on an archival project for his father-in-law. Soon, 20-something Naomi arrives from Australia to assist Nick for the semester. She has no acquaintances in the city beyond a loose family connection to Buddy, a music producer who lives in the same neighborhood. For the few months she spends around Nick, Buddy, and their families, Naomi’s presence upsets the unpleasant balance holding these two households together.

Written and Directed by Alex Ross Perry
Starring Emily Browning, Jason Schwartzman, Adam Horovitz, Mary-Louise Parker, Lily Rabe, and Chloë Sevigny
Release Date - February 16, 2018 (theatrical & VOD)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:16:09 PM by wilder »

wilder

• Respect: +1769
Re: Golden Exits
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 05:15:47 PM »
+1
In theaters and VOD February 16th

eward

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +33
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 09:45:57 PM »
Opens in NYC at The Metrograph on February 9 - along with a run of Perry's other films: Impolex, The Color Wheel, Listen Up Philip, and Queen of Earth...all projected on Perry's own 35mm prints.

For my money, he's the most original and interesting young American filmmaker working (with the exception of our Ghostboy, with whom he appears to be quite tight). Golden Exits feels like another masterpiece.

Anyone else with me?
"Do you laugh at jealousy?"

"No, I don't even laugh at seasickness! I happen to regard jealousy as the seasickness of passion."

BB

• The Vision Quest
  • Respect: +95
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 10:19:02 PM »
+2
He's certainly up there, and it's heartening to see him getting more attention and work writing projects other than his own. Much like our rightly beloved Ghostboy, he seems super film literate and to have interest in an extremely broad variety of styles (a defining characteristic of millennial directors even more so than the video store generation). Both feel like they could go anywhere next and work within any budget and that's so exciting.

Something Spanish

• The Vision Quest
  • Respect: +70
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 08:25:01 AM »
All I’ve seen is Queen of Earth. If his other films are as good as that then I agree.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy