Author Topic: 2013 Xixax Awards CAMPAIGN THREAD  (Read 6755 times)

ElPandaRoyal

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +121
Re: 2013 Xixax Awards CAMPAIGN THREAD
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 06:08:50 AM »
'A Separation' for best screenplay, like, ever!
plus, best actress! 

anyone...?

Damn, I really have to watch this and the XIXAX awards seems like a good enough reason to do so as soon as possible.

I have now seen it and YES!!! Also every actor will be considered.
Si

Sleepless

• The Master of Three Worlds
  • I told you I would eat you
  • Respect: +401
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 10:05:32 AM »
Okay, I forgot all about A Seperation. Add it to my list of movies I've got to try and cram-watch before the deadline. Shit, that's Friday!
Some people have a fear of snakes. That was a somewhat rational fear. And you could do something about it at least. Stay away from long grass and nature documentaries. Easy. Others have a fear of heights. That was manageable too. Avoid tall ladders. But how do you cope when your fear is something you can’t avoid? That you have no hope of staying away from? Being afraid of the sky, where are you going to go?

Stefen

• smh
  • Respect: +193
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »
Alps is still the best movie I saw last year. Yorgos Lanthimos is probably the most gnarly filmmaker right now. Nobody is on a hotter streak. You either have the storytelling or the cool shots, but he's one of the rate ones who has both.

It used to be available to stream on Netflix, but it doesn't appear it is anymore.

The Dark Knight Rises is still the worst movie I saw last year. Because it was fucking dumb. Don't even get me started...

Let's go to a motel. We don't have to do anything -- we could just swim.

Lottery

• The Return Threshold
  • Respect: +469
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2013, 04:29:12 PM »
+1
The Dark Knight Rises [/i] is still the worst movie I saw last year. Because it was fucking dumb. Don't even get me started...

Surely not, Prometheus came out the same year. Next to TDK, TDKR is a massive disappointment. But by itself, it's quite an entertaining collection of scenes, which aren't entirely logical but still fun. The movie goes off the rails/sabotages the tracks with dynamite in the second half though.

Sleepless

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2013, 03:07:47 PM »
I'm really struggling with my nominations. Although there are still a handful of (mostly foreign) films from 2012 I have yet to see, for a lot categories I'm struggling to get more than 3 or 4 truly decent nominees. I feel like there's at least one really good film from last year which I just can't remember, but none of the "best of" lists I'm finding are reminding me of what on earth it could be. Does anyone have a list to an exhaustive list?

And since this is the campaign thread I just wanted to throw out a couple of suggestions which are certainly worth checking out if you haven't already:

Some people have a fear of snakes. That was a somewhat rational fear. And you could do something about it at least. Stay away from long grass and nature documentaries. Easy. Others have a fear of heights. That was manageable too. Avoid tall ladders. But how do you cope when your fear is something you can’t avoid? That you have no hope of staying away from? Being afraid of the sky, where are you going to go?

Alexandro

• Respect: +500
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2013, 12:08:03 PM »
I think the performances by the female leads in those two films are truly worthy of consideration.

I have to throw this one out, although I don't know if it would be elegible:

Once Upon a Time in Anatolia, by Nuri Bilge Ceylan.

It is a masterpiece, as far as I'm concerned. A perfectly crafted police procedural, with an outstanding cast in which everyone has moments to shine, and a pace that allows a simple anecdote to stretch to the point of becoming philosophical. I was really surprised with this film, and highly recommend it to anyone.

Alexandro

• Respect: +500
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2013, 09:47:21 PM »
Yeah but in the nominate thread, Polka said A Separation was elegible, didn't he?
and I mean, really, it was close to getting nominated because not enough people saw it. it's too fucking good.

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1479
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2013, 12:16:54 AM »
Ah, I missed that. Since we already made that announcement, and since it didn't get enough votes last year to actually get nominated, let's keep it eligible.

Deleted my post above to prevent confusion.
"Hunger is the purest sin"

ono

• Respect: +229
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2017, 12:31:49 AM »
+1

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
  • Respect: +1971
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2017, 02:02:40 AM »
+1
At least I said "on" and not "off."
First things first, I'm surrealist

Sleepless

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2017, 09:03:06 AM »
+1

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy