The 85th Annual Academy Awards

Started by MacGuffin, August 02, 2012, 07:59:51 PM

polkablues

I really got the impression that Adele fucking hates that song and wishes she didn't have to sing it anymore.
My house, my rules, my coffee

jenkins

Quote from: Pubrick on February 25, 2013, 09:58:54 AMang lee.. did you see spielberg's face? it was like he turned to stone. you could see him trying to process what was happening, maybe he thought he would win, maybe he thought benjamin would win, but he definitely didn't seem to think ang lee should win. but at the core of his reaction (ok so i was just transfixed by spielberg, does the man ever AGE?)

lol. you're a really great emotions decoder

for some reason i'm also magnetized by the "big money" guys. i remember being really curious about cameron's face during avatar's year. it's interesting to see them in a context in which they're not dominating, 'cause of another perspective in which they dominate.

when ddl won i said out loud "spielberg must be SO HAPPY" and the next cut was spielberg and his hands making hurrahs. just so everyone knows -- I called spielberg's happiness. longshot, but i called it

i watched "the trip" segment over and over. not to like laugh at her, but 'cause i like when unplanned things happen. as far as mistakes go, this was one pretty impeccable. funny that with all the hollywood forward thinkers, or whatever, it was three dudes who moved to help her. must be 'cause their slacks make them swifter. but her bounce back from that trip was incredible. seems like she has so much strength

for whatever reason this was the first year i noticed there are like 2-3 seconds in most speeches in which it seems like no one, including the speech giver, knows what the fuck's going on. i think there were like 5-6 secs in ang lee's speech that seemed like, confusing. qt's speech was a supercut of confusion. when affleck was speed talking i thought he was just going off the rails, i thought he was going to thank his gardner, inanimate objects, "thank you my toaster, thank you my waffle iron, uhh, clooney."

but not as bonkers as the globes, overall

Reel

Quote from: trashculturemutantjunkie on February 25, 2013, 03:27:45 PM
her bounce back from that trip was incredible. seems like she has so much strength

she's 22 years old

jenkins

Quote from: Reelist on February 25, 2013, 03:39:32 PM
Quote from: trashculturemutantjunkie on February 25, 2013, 03:27:45 PM
her bounce back from that trip was incredible. seems like she has so much strength

she's 22 years old
not "why didn't her hip break??" strength, i mean tripping in front of 1 billion people and then seeming unfazed by it during your speech, and even bringing it up in a kind of funny "oh well" way.

me, i would've been tears and snot, hugh would've had to pick me up from the ground, and i would've woefully delivered a mumbled speech while cradled in his arms

mogwai