Bowling for Columbine DVD

Started by Jeremy Blackman, April 12, 2003, 10:12:08 AM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantaloneslike i said before,  in roger and me he kept in that anti jew joke from bob eubanks , not because it had anything to do with the point of the movie, the film was about roger smith killing a town

he kept it in to win points at the studio, so that is a weasel move

he wanted to win over the studio heads to further his career

It was definitely a bad joke, anti-semitic and a little homophobic. But I think you're making 2 bad assumptions. Why would he think that having an anti-semitic joke in his movie would make the studio happy? You need to explain this, because that assumption just doesn't make sense. And how can you think that he left that joke in the movie to glorify Bob Eubanks? Or do you think that just by having the joke in there at all (and ignoring context) that he's anti-semitic? Now that would be P.C.

being a mid west chap that he is i can see him thinking that jewish people run hollywood

thats a statement made by many, many being jewish themselves and some not

why did tom arnold convert and stay jewish after he split with roseanne , he cant go 20 minutes now without saying " as a jew"

for personal reasons i find that offensive

marlon brando a legand a god made a jewish crack last year and regrdless of his past he was asked to apoligize

so being the weasel that he is micheal moore that is , he used that as a way to further his career, by his logic

i would never think somethink so stupid like that would help my career

now you explain why that scene fit the film

p.s glorify bob eubanks when did i say that, i said he exploited a idiot for his own gain

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesp.s glorify bob eubanks when did i say that, i said he exploited a idiot for his own gain

So you're saying that he put an anti-semitic joke in his movie so that it would please Jews in Hollywood? Umm... because they would say "Oh look! An anti-semitic joke in this movie! Michael Moore has revealed the truth!"...?

You honestly think Michael Moore put an anti-semitic joke in his movie to get Jews on his side?

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesp.s glorify bob eubanks when did i say that, i said he exploited a idiot for his own gain

So you're saying that he put an anti-semitic joke in his movie so that it would please Jews in Hollywood? Umm... because they would say "Oh look! An anti-semitic joke in this movie! Michael Moore has revealed the truth!"...?

You honestly think Michael Moore put an anti-semitic joke in his movie to get Jews on his side?

no to show them that he is " anti"  anti semites , he framed it to make eubanks look like a villian/idiot  and that is offesive to use a touchy issue for your own gain

now tell me why it was in the movie or can you ?

it didnt work, his bacon movie went straight to run ronnie run land

i responded to you in minutes and so far nothing from you as the clock ticks

because you know that scene had nothing to do with the movie

the only good thing is , is that it exposed eubanks as a asshole

but i dont respect moores motives

why are you waiting to answer ?? asking your professer for a answer or are you just at a loss for words again

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantaloneswhy are you waiting to answer ??

I apologize for not giving my full and complete attention to your revolutionary ideas every moment that I am on the internet.

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesno to show them that he is " anti"  anti semites , he framed it to make eubanks look like a villian/idiot  and that is offesive to use a touchy issue for your own gain

That's all you had to say, and we could have started this the right way.

How many people has Michael Moore framed as "villians/idiots"? Almost everyone. The Bob Eubanks joke was not out of context at all. He was describing his hometown questioning the integrity of local celebrities. It was one piece in his description of how desolate and demoralized/immoral Flint had become. Unless you can show me a pattern of desperate anti-anti-semitism in his films, I can't possibly make the leap that he launches subliminal messages directly at studio executives. The heads of studios (in this case, Warner Brothers) have political views that are so far removed from Moore's that this 2-second anti-semitic blurb would not have a chance of converting them. I hope you don't honestly think that the studios finance his films with something other than the money in mind. You're looking too hard.

eubanks was not living in flint at the time, people in flint dont know much about jews

eubanks is a hollywood slimeball, more then a flint resident i bet he got his joke in hollywood not flint

now had he made a movie about anti semite hypocrites , and used that clip i would say right the fuck on

by the way the film was other wise great, but his ego inflated and now he is a joke

he loves the working man and then shits on the P.A's who work at the oscars

he is a joke

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantaloneswhy are you waiting to answer ??

I apologize for not giving my full and complete attention to your revolutionary ideas every moment that I am on the internet.

your forgiven just work on it some more

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantaloneseubanks was not living in flint at the time

Of course... why would he be? He's from Flint, and he's not making them proud. It's that simple.

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantaloneseubanks was not living in flint at the time

Of course... why would he be? He's from Flint, and he's not making them proud. It's that simple.

so thats why its in the film ? yeah ok  :roll:

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesso thats why its in the film ?

Yes. It's not that hard to believe. He's sarcastically going through the list of things that Flint has to be proud of, and there's Bob Eubanks. He's not making them proud.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonescensorship is this what we have come to, maybe we should reevaluate our admins
lemme know when you guys are done...so I actually don't put effort into a post just to have it erased...I might waste some people's time...but someone owns my ass 20 minutes.  Untiil then...expect garbabge, as it seems to be contagious lately.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: aclockworkjjlemme know when you guys are done...so I actually don't put effort into a post just to have it erased...I might waste some people's time...but someone owns my ass 20 minutes.  Untiil then...expect garbabge, as it seems to be contagious lately.

When was the last time you had a post edited or deleted by an admin?

aclockworkjj

last night.  I had about 7 deleted...6 of which were probably garbage, but one that I actually used all the gusta I could musta.

Find Your Magali

Um, speaking of the new upper left banner...

I finally saw "Bowling" earlier this week. Having followed this thread in the weeks beforehand, I certainly went into it much more cautiously. But I was surprised that it still had the power to move and surprise me. (The Nichols interview, getting K-mart to stop selling a type of ammo, the weepy schoolteacher).

As a journalist, I found myself being more critical of his tendency to jump from theory to theory without truly supporting or exploring any of them. He had sort of a "Sherman's March" stream of consciousness thing going with his ideas about violence.

And certainly, the political agenda was taken with a grain of salt, where necessary.

Does this doc belong in schools, as a teaching device? Hell, no. But it's still an important film about, if nothing else, the times we live in and who we are.

I'm kind of working my way backwards with Moore, so I'm planning to see "Roger and Me" (for the first time) next.

cine

I think Roger & Me is a better DVD IMO. Better commentary.. just a better all around DVD package.. I think it's because BfC's commentary turned me off a lot and I had higher expectations out of it.