When you suggest a movie (Larry David moment)

Started by Pas, November 14, 2009, 05:46:13 AM

Pubrick

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on March 29, 2010, 11:15:38 PM
Doesn't matter now, but I like Wages of Fear the least out of the three. The tension is fine at parts, but feels too forced also because that's all there is to the story. Ikiru is the best and feels like an epic Italian Neo Realist film, but Life and Death of Colonel Blimp is probably one of the most pleasant movies I have ever seen. It's hard to wipe the smile from my face as the characters embark on a happy life journey.

it's not too late, i pressed stop and have now switched to colonel blimp based on your suggestion!

definitely sounds like a good nice english colourful follow-up after Dunes knocked my ass to the floor.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: P on March 29, 2010, 11:27:24 PM
Doesn't matter now, but I like Wages of Fear the least out of the three. The tension is fine at parts, but feels too forced also because that's all there is to the story. Ikiru is the best and feels like an epic Italian Neo Realist film, but Life and Death of Colonel Blimp is probably one of the most pleasant movies I have ever seen. It's hard to wipe the smile from my face as the characters embark on a happy life journey.

it's not too late, i pressed stop and have now switched to colonel blimp based on your suggestion!

definitely sounds like a good nice english colourful follow-up after Dunes knocked my ass to the floor.

Very cool. Be patient and allow your feelings to slip into the quiet charm of the story.

Captain of Industry

Quote from: P on March 29, 2010, 11:27:24 PM

Man, it sounds like you're having a great movie day.  Dunes is terrific, completely agree.  I'd follow Colonel Blimp with Peeping Tom, if I was programming your life.