Brad Pitt

Started by meatball, October 16, 2003, 05:02:43 PM

kotte

Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreOverall, I like him, except for in Fight Club when Ed Norton points to the Calvin Klein model and says, "Is that what a man looks like?" I was like, "Umm....doesn't Pitt look like that?" Not Pitt's fault, but still.

Pitt's character is really who Ed's want to be...

"I fuck like you want to fuck. I look like you want to look"

He wants to look that way...the ideals are silly but still very real.

MacGuffin

Brad Pitt to Star as Gunslinger Jesse James
Source: Variety

Warner Bros. has pacted with Plan B, Scott Free and director Andrew Dominik to make a Western out of Robert Hansen novel "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford," for Brad Pitt to star. Dominik, an Australian veteran of commercials and music videos, is in talks to write the script and direct.

The book focused on Robert Ford as a way to tell the James legend. Ford was a member of the James gang and started out worshipping the exploits of the fastest gun in the West. He eventually became envious and figured he'd take over the gang and garner his own reputation by shooting James in the back.

Dominik's directorial debut, Chopper, sparked Pitt's interest to find a project to do with Dominik. Pitt is also expected to topline the Plan B-produced Warner Bros. films The Hatfields and the McCoys, to be directed by Michael Mann, and Infernal Affairs, to be helmed by Martin Scorsese.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Chest Rockwell

Just thought it was too important not to post...

Pitt: Quitting Smoking Made Me Want To Kill

Movie superstar Brad Pitt experienced such severe cravings when he quit smoking recently he was "ready to kill". The Fight Club actor, 40, was forced to ditch the unhealthy habit during training for upcoming Greek epic Troy, and says he struggled to cope without nicotine. But Pitt - who is married to Friends beauty Jennifer Aniston - says the fitness regime he was forced to keep up during the grueling shoot was a deeply miserable experience. He explains, "I had to quit smoking. I'm now happy about it because these things were killing me. But at first I was really missing my cigarettes. The withdrawal was so hard that I was ready to kill - which was actually helpful for the role I was playing. Against my nature, I had to invest a lot of time and sweat on the physical aspect of my work. I didn't like that at all. The trainer warned me that every day would be unpleasant. He was right."

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Chest RockwellJust thought it was too important not to post...

Pitt: Quitting Smoking Made Me Want To Kill

Movie superstar Brad Pitt experienced such severe cravings when he quit smoking recently he was "ready to kill". The Fight Club actor, 40, was forced to ditch the unhealthy habit during training for upcoming Greek epic Troy, and says he struggled to cope without nicotine. But Pitt - who is married to Friends beauty Jennifer Aniston - says the fitness regime he was forced to keep up during the grueling shoot was a deeply miserable experience. He explains, "I had to quit smoking. I'm now happy about it because these things were killing me. But at first I was really missing my cigarettes. The withdrawal was so hard that I was ready to kill - which was actually helpful for the role I was playing. Against my nature, I had to invest a lot of time and sweat on the physical aspect of my work. I didn't like that at all. The trainer warned me that every day would be unpleasant. He was right."

hmmm... i bet aronofsky wouldn't have made him quit.........

..i hope this phucking film tanks..the fountain will rock....

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
..i hope this phucking film tanks..the fountain will rock....
You're just saying that because it's glorifying the pagan cultures, you sick--!

just pulled a Vergilian aposiopesis

Thrindle

Quote from: Chest RockwellMovie superstar Brad Pitt experienced such severe cravings when he quit smoking recently he was "ready to kill".

I am disgusting because I love it when a guy smokes.  I buy into the extreme masculinization of it all.  I think it's sexy as hell.  (let's ignore the cancer causing effects, the emphyzema, and the yellow teeth and nails)

I just shed a little tear.
Classic.

Pubrick

Quote from: ThrindleI just shed a little tear.
probably from all the smoke in ur eyes.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Pitt Talks Projects
Ocean's 12, Mr. & Mrs. Smith and more!

Filmforce.ign recently chatted with the stars of Wolfgang Petersen's Trojan War epic, Troy, and while they were at it they hit Brad Pitt up for the scoop on his future projects:

He says, "I'm just kind of finishing up a real action film. I mean a more, like, contemporary action film...  Mr. and Mrs. Smith [with Angelina Jolie]. It's kind of a more of a comedic-actiony film. And then we just started Ocean's 12 Monday. Or I did anyways."

Pitt says he's headed to Amsterdam for Ocean's 12 shooting.  Regarding the all-star heist sequel, he says, "It's really well done. Soderbergh... he's just as bright as they come, and it's really well done. It starts out where we left off, and then we are now on the run. Benedict's on to us. So, we're on the run and we can't get work anywhere because we're too hot. So we go to Europe."

Genre fans will know that Pitt had been set to star in Darren Aronofsky's postmodern sci-fi epic, The Fountain, before the project went dormant (it has since been revived with Hugh Jackman in the starring role).  Of the mysterious flick, he says, "I think Darren is really on to something special. I think he's a unique visionary. And that one... actually in that two-year period of my hiatus I spent over a year working on that with Darren. And the piece was so ambitious and 'out there' that it needed more time to incubate. It still needed to answer some more issues; there were too many holes in it. And at that time this juggernaut was moving forward and money was being spent when it really needed to be done right, because it was so ambitious. And I've read it since. Darren has now has this time and he's going to be shooting it in the fall, I believe. And I was pained and pleased to see that it's there. He's got it."

As for future plans, Mr. Jennifer Aniston says he may work with David Fincher again.  "Yeah, we've been talking about a couple of things," he says. "It's just too early to comment on, but we're always talking about a couple things. We'll definitely do something."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Chest Rockwell

Pitt Escapes Aniston's Wrath

Actor Brad Pitt has tempered reports his marriage to Jennifer Aniston is in turmoil after he publicly declared their union could collapse in the future. The movie hunk - who has been married to the Friends beauty for nearly four years - sparked a media frenzy last week when he admitted their marriage could fall apart, because they're both realistic people who accept their love for each other may one day "die". The Troy star said, "There is so much pressure from day one to be with someone forever - and I'm not sure that it really is in our nature to be with something for the rest of our lives. Jen and myself don't cage each other with this pressure of happily ever after. We work it out as we go along." However, Pitt has hit back at reports of troubles in their relationship, and rubbishes speculation Aniston is furious over his comments. He says, "I'm not in the doghouse. Jen and I put everything on the table. We discuss everything."

Thrindle

I'm sorry, but this has to be said:  Brad Pitt is too gorgeous.  I know, I know, this is redundant.  But the truth is, HE REALLY FUCKING IS!

And... god help me while watching any sex scene between him and Angelina Jolie.  Those are the two most beautiful famous people around.
Classic.

MacGuffin

Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston Separate

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Superstar Hollywood couple Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston have separated after 4 1/2 years of marriage, but they remain "committed and caring friends," they said on Friday.

The announcement of their split followed months of tabloid stories about spousal ups and downs, including reports that Pitt, 41, wanted to become a father but Aniston, 35, was reluctant to start a family.

Aniston had been photographed recently without her wedding ring, but just two days ago the New York Post splashed a picture of the couple on its front page with a circle around Aniston's hand and the headline: "The Ring's Back On!"

Pitt, one of Hollywood's most sought-after leading men, and Aniston, who became a household name on the long-running NBC television comedy "Friends," met on a dinner date in 1998.

They were married in a lavish, celebrity-studded wedding in the seaside California resort of Malibu on July 29, 2000.

News of their breakup came in an understated announcement released late on Friday afternoon through People magazine.

"We would like to announce that after seven years together we have decided to formally separate," they said. "For those who follow these sorts of things, we would like to explain that our separation is not the result of any of the speculation reported by the tabloid media.

"This decision is a result of much thoughtful consideration. We happily remain committed and caring friends with great love and admiration for one another. We ask in advance for your kindness and sensitivity in the coming months."

Aniston's spokesman said the pair spent the New Year's holiday weekend vacationing together in the Caribbean with her former "Friends" co-star Courteney Cox and her husband, David Arquette.

Pitt, currently starring in the crime caper "Ocean's Twelve," and Aniston, best known for her TV role as Rachel Green in "Friends," also are partners in film production company, Plan B, whose first movie, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," is due out later this year from Warner Bros.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Myxo

Quote from: MacGuffinBrad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston Separate

Shocking..

ono

Quote from: On Sat Jan 15, 2005 Myxomatosis
Quote from: On Sat Jan 08, 2005 MacGuffinBrad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston Separate

Shocking..
:yabbse-thumbup:

Sidenote, I actually feel bad for them.  Not that anyone else cares.  :violin:

cine

THIS IS MAURA'S CHANCE

ono

STAY THE HELL AWAY BRAD SHE'S MINE DO U HERE ME?!?!