Why do some folk hate Magnolia so passionately?

Started by Marty McSuperfly, April 17, 2003, 05:59:15 AM

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Sigur Rós
Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: Tiffu bought it?! how is it meant to cure insomnia if u have to constantly get up to change the dvd?...oh and is it ne good?
That's the catch, if you're still up and can't sleep, you will just have to continue watching the damn flick. Oh, it's so good.

You are jokin'...rite mogwai??? Please tell me you are jokin'!

He was jokin'!  :-D

MacGuffin

Quote from: mogwaihttp://us.imdb.com/Title?0284020

All you guys had to do was look to the right of the IMDB page and see that it wasn't available on DVD.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Dirk

Quote from: MacGuffinAll you guys had to do was look to the right of the IMDB page and see that it wasn't available on DVD.

It's actually the left side  :roll:
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Dirk

At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

Quote from: EL__SCORCHOnow here's a guy definately hated magnolia:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/click/movie-1093531/reviews.php?critic=columns&sortby=default&page=4&rid=124314

thats a pretty harsh review. im fine with someone disliking something, but if you're going to rip a film a new asshole, back it up with a valid reason. whoever wrote that review never gives justifiaction for his beligerantly negative opinion of the film. i feel a reviewer should be responisble enough to have OPINION backed by REASON -- only in a perfect world.
...your excuses are your own...

Pedro

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/click/movie-1093531/reviews.php?critic=columns&sortby=default&page=4&rid=124314
I don't really think I've ever agreed with one of his reviews before.

Ernie

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat

I don't really think I've ever agreed with one of his reviews before.

Yeah, I fucking hate that guy...he gave All the Real Girls a 0 too.

Forgot to put a 1 in front of it I guess. He can do whatever...his little gimmick started off uncool. I never liked him. The whole cynical critic idea sounds like a funny little idea but he's just not funny. He tends to drift into offensive a lot actually...

"Anderson's follow up to the greatly entertaining Boogie Nights is so mind-numbingly awful that, at more than twice the Witch's length it almost surpasses the disaster that dead director Stanley Kubrick left us. . ."

God, what a dick. Fine, he doesn't like Eyes Wide Shut...but a disaster? Fuck that and him...at least people will miss Stanley...

Gold Trumpet

Bad review. He spoke only for the pleasure of people already convinced they hated the film. This review acts as their own relief center for being made happy again in some way. Nowhere in the review did he act as the critic and speak to the middle crowd of why this or why that for what he thinks. Funny, he mentions on how someone from the set warned it was a disaster but this critic felt he just had a bone to pick, so ignored it. Nothing in this review gives any indication his reasons for disliking it are not that either.

~rougerum

Sigur Rós

I actually agree with this guy.....so cut my dick off first  :-D

Sigur Rós

I'm just joking......please don't touch my dick

MacGuffin

Quote from: Sigur RósI'm just joking......please don't touch my dick[/size]

Doesn't look like there would be much to cut off anyway. :yabbse-undecided:

Skeleton FilmWorks

phil marlowe

MacGuffin

Quote from: Phil Marlowemac, how come?

If we cut it off, I don't know how he'll come...What am I a doctor?

Skeleton FilmWorks