After Earth

Started by MacGuffin, July 17, 2012, 07:35:07 PM

MacGuffin

Viral Video:

Release date: June 3, 2013

Starring: Will Smith, Jayden Smith, Isabelle Fuhrman, Zoe Kravitz

Directed by: M. Night Shyamalan

Premise: After a crash landing, a father and son explore a planet that was evacuated by humans 1,000 years earlier.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

I love how things are labeled "viral video" long before they've actually gone viral (if they ever do).

Pubrick

I love how m night keeps making mega budget films even though no one anywhere likes anything he's made in the last decade.

"From the director of the last decent thing we can attach his name to."
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Haha yes, I just noticed that they go all the way back to Unbreakable, which was literally 12 years ago.

ElPandaRoyal

I'm someone somewhere who's liked everything he's done since The Sixth Sense (didn't see The Last Airbender nor his stuff prior to Sixth Sense).
Si

Reel

I kind of made a promise to xixax that I wouldn't RT things after I raised awareness for Bret Easton Ellis' Twitter, but geez, M. Night is the most oversharing director I've ever encountered. Just look at these tweets, this movie's gonna suck ( duuuhhy )

From here on, the words  M. Night will be in bold and my comments will be in italics ( I don't know how to do the photo capture thing )

AfterEarth is such a big film. Editing it is daunting. I like to go over every shot and every take with Steve my editor.

wow, never heard of a director doing that before

Editing on AfterEarth is going very well. Has a Signs feel.

ew. Referencing one of your better works to make this seem worthwhile?

As for the question of darkness, I want it to be dark like Unbreakable. The dailies have that feel. *I'm in a pretty edgy place taste wise.

Ditto what I said before and *Douche chills up my spine

Me in the reflection of the video monitor. I'm either thinking about lunch or how to shoot the next shot.

I'm thinking "M. Night's an over-glorified ass"

Maybe the tag line should be, "If you loved Tree of LIfe and Jurassic Park, you'll love After Earth."

Speaks for itself

That's when I start screaming like a madman "Get Jaden! Start shooting, NOW, NOW! Turn on the camera!"

This doesn't really need a context

I try to concentrate on one project at a time, but on films like AfterEarth that take 2 1/2 years I get lots of ideas that go in notebooks

Writing? No way!

The hardest part of making original movies is that if you're doing it correctly, the tone isn't readily recognizable. Deep down you know you're playing a concert for people and they don't know what type of music you're about to play. It's vomit inducing.

Well, I agree with you about the last part

Directing should reveal detail

Yeah, maybe your tweets shouldn't so much

What is the Illuminati? People say I'm in it. Is it a good thing?

This is funny. Idk if he's joking or not, but it is

After Hearth is the story of a fireplace renovation gone wrong. :)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jeremy Blackman

He sounds like he's 16 years old.

Pubrick

Quote from: Reelist on July 28, 2012, 12:24:28 AM
What is the Illuminati? People say I'm in it. Is it a good thing?

This is funny. Idk if he's joking or not, but it is

Hahaha yes.

New rule: no more worthless retweets without commentary.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Just Withnail

"In this movie, I will act," says Will Smith.
"Ah! so you will you lose the pouty-face?" someone asks.
"No. But I will talk like an eighty year old man."

polkablues

So it's literally just Avatar with a kid.

THIS fuckin' kid, specifically:
My house, my rules, my coffee

pete

wingsuit is the new parkour
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Frederico Fellini

Quote from: Reelist on July 28, 2012, 12:24:28 AM
( I don't know how to do the photo capture thing )

Hit "Prnt Scrn" on your keyboard
Open Paint
CTRL + V

... noob.
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

BB

Quote from: polkablues on December 10, 2012, 04:59:52 PM
So it's literally just Avatar with a kid.

NO! It's also Planet of the Apes with a kid.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks