X3 - X-Men: The Last Straw

Started by Banky, December 05, 2003, 09:28:31 AM

sheshothim

Quote from: ©brad on March 15, 2006, 05:16:38 PM
however, i'm not too happy w/ rogue in these films b/c she doesn't fly and isn't super strong as she was in the comic.

i miss the cartoon that cartoon on saturday mornings!

::sigh::

Oh I'm right there with you. Ultimate X-Men geek right here, and I miss the cartoons SO MUCH! Rogue was always my favorite, and she was so great in the cartoon. That was the best Rogue voice ever. And the best Storm voice. Halle Berry is good, sure, but yeah.

I'm a Jean Grey freak too though. So so SO excited about the Phoenix. I'm really ready for this movie to come out, even if Ratner is directing it.

From that description from MacGuffin, doesn't sound like he's doin too bad.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

Pubrick

Quote from: sheshothim on March 15, 2006, 08:13:25 PM
Quote from: ©brad on March 15, 2006, 05:16:38 PM
however, i'm not too happy w/ rogue in these films b/c she doesn't fly and isn't super strong as she was in the comic.

i miss the cartoon that cartoon on saturday mornings!

::sigh::

Oh I'm right there with you. Ultimate X-Men geek right here, and I miss the cartoons SO MUCH!
when i was little i used to take a deck of cards to school and throw em at ppl cos of that cartoon. kids are awesome.
under the paving stones.

©brad

Quote from: Pubrick on March 16, 2006, 08:15:03 AMwhen i was little i used to take a deck of cards to school and throw em at ppl cos of that cartoon. kids are awesome.

HAHAH. i used to do that too! i could never throw the cards right, though.

gambit was all about cards and laying pipe w/ rogue.

Gamblour.

my favorites were always Beast and Nightcrawler. Maybe prophetically because I'm short and hairy with a prehensile tail. oh, and Bishop was the absolute shit. Black, from the future, and could shoot balls of energy from his fist. haha "black from the future"
WWPTAD?

sheshothim

Quote from: Pubrick on March 16, 2006, 08:15:03 AM
when i was little i used to take a deck of cards to school and throw em at ppl cos of that cartoon. kids are awesome.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's awesome.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Interview: Brett Ratner
IGN chats with the director about X3 and Rush Hour 3.

It's a busy time for Brett Ratner, as he puts the final touches on X-Men: The Last Stand and readies Rush Hour 3. On top of all that, Ratner also serves as Executive Producer on the hit series Prison Break. Recently IGN caught up with Ratner at the Prison Break season 1 wrap party for a brief chat about his upcoming films.

IGN FILMFORCE: So are you excited to have X-Men 3 finally opening?

BRETT RATNER: Are you kidding?! It's like a dream come true. I can not wait.

IGNFF: You were an X-Men fan before coming onto the project, right?

RATNER: Oh yeah, yeah. I was a major fan of the cartoon. I loved the cartoon.

IGNFF: Was there an X-Men storyline you really loved beforehand?

RATNER: A specific story? Well, I loved Dark Phoenix. I was just so into Dark Phoenix. I was just completely excited that Dark Phoenix was in this movie. I couldn't believe it.

IGNFF: Who is your favorite X-Men character?

RATNER: Magneto. He just has the coolest powers, and Ian McKellan's interpretation of it I think is just brilliant.

IGNFF: Obviously this is a movie where you have a ton of outside analysis going on from the fans. Did you try to set that aside while making the film?

RATNER: Yeah. I mean, when I got the movie, I spoke to Brian [Singer], and he said, "Let me give you one good bit of advice." I said "okay," and he said, "Don't read Aint it Cool News. I'm like, "Why?" He's like, "They're just gonna talk s*** about you, and they did the exact same thing about me. They did the exact same thing when I did the first X-Men." So I kind of stayed away from it and just focused on making the film.

IGNFF: So what do you think the people criticizing you will say when they actually see the film?

RATNER: Oh, I think they'll be eating crow! I think so. Because the movie came out great. I'm really proud of it.

IGNFF: And you're doing Rush Hour 3 soon, right?

RATNER: Yes I am.

IGNFF: When's that start shooting?

RATNER: August.

IGNFF: Can you give us any idea what the storyline will be in this one?

RATNER: Well, in the first one, Jackie [Chan] was in LA; he was the fish out of water. In the second one, Chris [Tucker] went to Hong Kong. In this one, they're both going to Paris. So they're both gonna be the fish out of water; they're both not going to speak the language.

IGNFF: There's a lot of talk about various X-Men spin-off projects and possible sequels. Would you be interested in working on one of those?

RATNER: Oh yeah! It was so much fun making this movie and I would do it in a second.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Brett Ratner is one eloquent dude.  Not, like, Uwe Boll eloquent, but you know.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Fernando

If you're a purist avoid the following clip, although I wouldn't say it is a huge spoiler but it kind of is given that you'll know _____________ are on this flim.

New little cool clip at:

Quote from: Pubrick on March 07, 2006, 09:34:17 AM
best picture 2006.
i'm backing a winner this time.

Don't know how serious you were but I think this will be awesome, in fact my dream summer afternoon would go like this:

Beginning early afternoon...

MI3
15 minute break
Superman Returns
20 minute break
X-Men 3

hedwig

Quote from: Fernando on May 01, 2006, 04:10:57 PM
in fact my dream summer afternoon would go like this:

Beginning early afternoon...

MI3
15 minute break
Superman Returns
20 minute break
X-Men 3

my dream summer afternoon would look like this:

Just Withnail

Quote from: Fernando on May 01, 2006, 04:10:57 PMNew little cool clip at:

Does X3 come in Smell-O-Vision? 'Cause when I watched that I was sure I could smell cheese.

modage

yeah it seems like xixax wrote a fake ratner interview portraying him as an ultra-dude.  but i guess its real.  plus, the xmen cartoon sucked ass.  limited animation anyone?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

©brad

Quote from: modage on May 02, 2006, 12:54:57 PMplus, the xmen cartoon sucked ass.  limited animation anyone?

:evil:

polkablues

Quote from: modage on May 02, 2006, 12:54:57 PM
yeah it seems like xixax wrote a fake ratner interview portraying him as an ultra-dude.  but i guess its real.

It seriously reminded me a lot of that Uwe Boll "Bloodrayne" interview.  The only thing it was missing were the misspellings and punctuation problems, presumably because the interviewer was transcribing it, rather than Ratner typing his answers.  It even has a similar slam at Ain't It Cool News.

The only thing it was missing was a "yes - because MUTANTS movies are sexy"
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Ratner Insists X3 Will be the Last X-Men Film

A year ago, rumors were certain the X-Men franchise would extend for several more flicks if box office profits remained strong. Several months ago Ratner and company declared X3 to be the final installment for the franchise. Within a few weeks other people were insisting it was merely the last movie for this current story arc, and not the end of the franchise as a whole. This general bickering and disagreement has continued, with the only certainties seeming to be the spin-off films. Even then, there's much debate over what these films will turn out to be (Wolverine and Magneto are known, at least).

Director Brett Ratner has again forcefully insisted his film will be the final one. "There's no way they're going to make another X-Men. This is, like, the end of it; hence the title The Last Stand." Several people (most notably Professor X himself) have suggested this may be a clever ploy to drive up ticket sales -- but Ratner insists he's genuine.

Skeleton FilmWorks