X3 - X-Men: The Last Straw

Started by Banky, December 05, 2003, 09:28:31 AM

Pubrick

Quote from: PawbloeDid you notice how she magically lost her African accent in X2 that she had in X1?
haha, i thought she just "evolved".. u know, into a whiter person.

luckily her role was so pointless it was easy to ignore and focus on the good things, like famke.
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: P
Quote from: PawbloeDid you notice how she magically lost her African accent in X2 that she had in X1?
haha, i thought she just "evolved".. u know, into a whiter person.

luckily her role was so pointless it was easy to ignore and focus on the good things, like famke.

....damn so true...gorgeous lady she is...

i forgot that she was in goldeneye also....for the longest time i always thought that "russian-esque" chick was hot .and it wasnn't until seeing united that i realized it was her......

someone please post a "semi-revealing" pic of her................

educate the uneducated..

cowboykurtis

bmw has a car called the x3 -- any thoughts?
...your excuses are your own...

Pubrick

Quote from: NEON MERCURYsomeone please post a "semi-revealing" pic of her................

educate the uneducated..
i think she's one of those chicks who looks better with clothes on..

under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: cowboykurtisbmw has a car called the x3 -- any thoughts?
....its also the name of this thread...

Quote from: P...looks better with clothes on..

...you do have  a point...........................................................

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Gamblor du JourWhere has John Henson gone?!?
A-men brother!!

I wish they'd turn the series over to someone else, like the HP series is doing. I can't explain it, but I just don't like Singer.

And I'm up for seeing Gambit. I always thought he was one of the best in the series. I also would like to see more Jubilee.
They should also do the Age of Apocalypse. That'd be nice.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Ghostboy

I'm glad Singer's finishing the trilogy out. X2 still gets my money for most satisfying popcorn movie of last summer. I also thought Halle Berry was good in it, but I'd rather see someone who actually wants the role and cares about it to play Storm. If someone else was cast as Wolverine or Magneto, it would suck, but Berry is expendable, sadly.

Funny how quickly I've grown to dislike her, after loving her so much in Monster's Ball.

MacGuffin

Wolverine Howling for Fox
David Benioff drafting an X-Men spin-off script centering on the enigmatic mutant Wolverine.

In a seven-figure deal, 20th Century Fox has hired Troy scribe David Benioff to pen a spin-off of the X-Men franchise centering on the comic strip's most popular character, Wolverine. Benioff will pen the script with the hopes that a deal can be made with Hugh Jackman to reprise the metal-clawed super-mutant on the big screen.

Wolverine has always been one of the most popular and most intriguing of the X-Men mutants. With a mysterious past and no recollection of where he came from or how old he is, Wolverine possesses the ability to heal any injury incurred almost instantly. In addition, flashbacks revealed that his skeleton was altered during medical experiments with liquid metal making his skeletal structure indestructible and giving him his signature retractable claws.

Although no official deal has yet been reached, Fox is going after Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel Studios' Avi Arad, who produced the two X-Men films, to produce the Wolverine spin-off. Fox's Hutch Parker will be overseeing the project's development with senior vice president Alex Young.

Repped by WMA, Benioff most recently penned the script for the Marc Forster-helmed Stay, which Fox will release this fall. He's currently working on several tome adaptations, including Right as Rain for Curtis Hanson, The Kite Runner for Sam Mendes and Warner Bros.' For Whom the Bell Tolls.

The two X-Men features picked up a total of over $700 million at the worldwide box office. The studio is now moving forward with their plans for a third installment with Simon Kinberg drafting a script. The project had been stalled after helmer Bryan Singer ankled the film to work on Superman for Warner Bros.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Matthew Vaughn Helming X-Men 3
Source: Ain't-It-Cool-News March 14, 2005

Ain't-It-Cool-News has confirmed that Layer Cake director Matthew Vaughn will direct X-Men 3 for 20th Century Fox. Bryan Singer directed the first two films of the franchise and is now shooting Superman.

The anticipated third film is expected to center on the Dark Phoenix saga. Both Simon Kinberg and Zak Penn wrote scripts, but the site says the studio will use Penn's draft for the movie.

In related news, while Hugh Jackman (who is also producing), Famke Janssen, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Alan Cumming and more are all coming back, Halle Berry still isn't sure. She tells XMenFilms.net:

I have not read the script. All I have asked, is that if I come back as Storm, she need to be closer to the comic book. So, if they have in fact written her closer to the comic book character, then I'm in. If not, I'm out. I hope I'm in though. I love Storm, and really want to be part of the last film.

who?  and 'last film' haha, yeah right.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

it will be the last film if she's in it. the last film she'll ever ruin.

a man can dream..
under the paving stones.

Myxo

Without the direction of Bryan Singer carrying over into the third X-Men film, I'm predicting a Batman 3 like fallout from this next film. At least he's doing Superman. That will be great.

MacGuffin

X3 Villain Update
Plus, Avi talks Angel & Dark Phoenix.

Slowly but surely the pieces of X-Men 3 are coming together. IGN FilmForce checked back with its secret X3 source after receiving an anonymous tip that claimed the following: that there are two entirely different scripts in the works (rather than one cohesive storyline worked on by two different screenwriters); that the villains included Simon Shaw of the Hellfire Club, the previously reported Dr. Bolivar Trask, as well as Mr. Sinister; and that there was a new female lead in it.

None of this is true, according to our insider. They stressed that there is only one draft of the screenplay but that it is, a la X2, being worked on by two different writers. They also informed us that there are no new female leads in it, and that the villain will NOT be either Shaw, Dr. Trask or Mr. Sinister. And don't bother asking: they're not telling us who the villain is!

In related news, Empire Online spoke with Marvel Studios CEO and X3 producer Avi Arad who confirmed IGN FilmForce's report that Angel is NOT a female, as it had been reported elsewhere.

"It won't be a female Angel. I don't know where that came from, maybe because he looks angelic," Arad said. "There will be interesting characters that will be introduced. It just has to move forward. Obviously we have Wolverine, and Magneto, Professor X, Storm, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Rogue, all these characters, but then you need to freshen up the story and make it new."

Despite earlier reports (and the ending of X2), fans apparently shouldn't expect the Dark Phoenix saga to be the basis for X3 after all. "It should never be this one story. The main characters are more important than Jean Grey," Arad explained. "This is a bigger story. Everybody's expecting Dark Phoenix, but Dark Phoenix would never be the main show. She'll be one of the characters, that's it. There are a lot of stories to tell."

The producer also sang the praises of the newly hired X3 director, Matthew Vaughn. "We are incredibly excited about Matthew," said Avi. "It's no less a leap than it was for Bryan [Singer]. With movies of this size, it's hard to wing it. He's very confident, that's what I like about him. 'Yeah, I can do that!'"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Janssen Signs for X3
Phoenix set for next X-Men.

It's official... Famke Janssen has signed on the dotted line to return for Fox's forthcoming X3. According to today's Variety, Janssen recently inked a deal to return in the third film of the blockbuster superhero franchise. Hugh Jackman has already signed on.  Jackman will, of course, reprise his role as Wolverine and Janssen, as expected, will play the character of Phoenix.

This most recent development jives with what sources are telling us: Dark Phoenix is the big villain in X3. Not the Sentinels, Mr. Sinister, Dr. Bolivar Trask, or the Hellfire Club. We were cautioned, however, that it still doesn't make Famke's character the main story.

Marvel's Avi Arad recently talked to Empire and gave a similar disclaimer. He says, "This is a bigger story. Everybody's expecting Dark Phoenix, but Dark Phoenix would never be the main show. She'll be one of the characters, that's it. There are a lot of stories to tell."

Variety adds that Halle Berry, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart are still in negotiations, but are expected to return.

X-Men 3, directed by Matthew Vaughn, is tentatively set for a May 26, 2006 release.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

So Matthew Vaughn gets X3, Daniel Craig gets Bond...what about Colm Meany?

Kal

Famke Jansen died at the end of X2... so this means she didnt die or what...