What Did You Think Of Matrix Revolutions?

Started by Cathartic Cleansing, October 15, 2003, 01:11:30 PM

SiliasRuby

DVD Release Date For The Ultimate Collection of The Matrix
Source: www.davisdvd.com
Release Date December 7.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

©brad

Quote from: ©bradexcellent work mogs DVDForum.

:)
context, context, context.

Weak2ndAct

Heads up for fellow Matrix fans (I guessing only MacGuffin):

If you order the box set from WB's Matrix website, you get the screenplays for all three movies for free-- and only 60 bucks!  If memory serves me right, that's going price at every other retailer... so this is a steal.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Weak2ndActHeads up for fellow Matrix fans (I guessing only MacGuffin):

If you order the box set from WB's Matrix website, you get the screenplays for all three movies for free-- and only 60 bucks!  If memory serves me right, that's going price at every other retailer... so this is a steal.

Crap! I was gonna use Best Buy gift cards to get the limited edition for that 80 page book (not really for the Neo bust). Best Buy is selling it for $10 cheaper than the WB site. But I really want those scripts. Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: The shipping price from the WB site is insane! $12.95 would be added on, plus tax. Screw that!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

man, I don't really like the movie but I'm really interested in the kungfu stuff.  I know for the first Matrix Revisited they had like Yuen Wo-Ping's blocking tapes where his stunt dudes were performing the fights and that kicked ass.  I want more of that, but not the movies nor the animation nor anything else.  I wish there was just one $15 disc of the kungfu stuff that I can get somewhere.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Sleuth

http://www.slccglobelink.com/main.cfm/include/detail/storyid/785067.html

Did anyone else not hear about this?

"Mother of the Matrix" Victorious
By Martha Carter
Published: Thursday, October 28, 2004
Article Tools: Page 1 of 2

Monday, October 4th 2004 ended a six-year dispute involving Sophia Stewart, the Wachowski Brothers, Joel Silver and Warner Brothers. Stewart's allegations, involving copyright infringement and racketeering, were received and acknowledged by the Central District of California, Judge Margaret Morrow residing.

Stewart, a New Yorker who has resided in Salt Lake City for the past five years, will recover damages from the films, The Matrix I, II and III, as well as The Terminator and its sequels. She will soon receive one of the biggest payoffs in the history of Hollywood, as the gross receipts of both films and their sequels total over 2.5 billion dollars.

Stewart filed her case in 1999, after viewing the Matrix, which she felt had been based on her manuscript, "The Third Eye," copyrighted in 1981. In the mid-eighties Stewart had submitted her manuscript to an ad placed by the Wachowski Brothers, requesting new sci-fi works.

According to court documentation, an FBI investigation discovered that more than thirty minutes had been edited from the original film, in attempt to avoid penalties for copyright infringement. The investigation also stated that "credible witnesses employed at Warner Brothers came forward, claiming that the executives and lawyers had full knowledge that the work in question did not belong to the Wachowski Brothers." These witnesses claimed to have seen Stewart's original work and that it had been "often used during preparation of the motion pictures."
The defendants tried, on several occasions, to have Stewart's case dismissed, without success.

Stewart has confronted skepticism on all sides, much of which comes from Matrix fans, who are strangely loyal to the Wachowski Brothers. One on-line forum, entitled Matrix Explained has an entire section devoted to Stewart. Some who have researched her history and writings are open to her story. Others are suspicious and mocking. "It doesn't bother me," said Stewart in a phone interview last week, "I always knew what was true."

Some fans, are unaware of the case or they question its legitimacy, due to the fact that it has received little to no media coverage. Though the case was not made public until October of 2003, Stewart has her own explanation, as quoted at daghettotymz.com:

"The reason you have not seen any of this in the media is because Warner Brothers parent company is AOL-Time Warner... this GIANT owns 95 percent of the media... let me give you a clue as to what they own in the media business... New York Times papers/magazines, LA Times papers/magazines, People Magazine, CNN news, Extra, Celebrity Justice, Entertainment Tonight, HBO, New Line Cinema, Dreamworks, Newsweek, Village Roadshow... many, many more!... They are not going to report on themselves. They have been surpressing my case for years..." Continued...

I didn't paste the rest because I pasted it from somewhere

but there's more info here

http://daghettotymz.com/matrix/sophiaupdate.html
I like to hug dogs

Weak2ndAct

Yeah, I've heard of this.  It's strange... I find it a little hard to believe this woman came up w/ The Matrix AND The Terminator (I mean, don't like Harlan Ellison and a thousand other sci-fi writers have more legitmate beefs on that one?).  And from what that bizarre website (It seems to have been written by Ali G's cousin) says, she wrote a 6 page treatment... which isn't much.

And that whole 'editing 30 minutes of the movie out'-- that's total horseshit.  The only things that were really deleted from the first Matrix was a short bit about the failure of previous 'Ones' and that ended up being in the sequels.