Superman Returns

Started by MacGuffin, January 16, 2003, 10:28:43 AM

Raikus

Quote from: MacGuffinShe tells Extra, "I hope so. Everyone pray that happens for me."
I'm sure that will be the first item on everyone's prayer list

"God, please let Beyonce get her shot as Lois Lane. You know You didn't give her enough acting chops for her to get it on her own merits, so reach down and give the casting directors a case of CJD or encephalitis. It may not be necessary based on their directing choice but let's not take any chances.

Oh, and help the people that are starving and dying and stuff. Amen."
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

Studio have their own ideas for Lois
Source: Moviehole

Beyonce Knowles might be McG’s first choice for the role of Lois Lane in “Superman”, but according to an insider I spoke to this morning he mightn’t get his way. The studio has their ideas too.

Among names being thrown about at the Brothers Warner Compound for the role : Australian actress Rose Byrne.

Byrne stars in Warner’s forthcoming “Troy” and word is she’s stellar in her small but pivotal part. No word if she’s actually in discussions yet, but apparently she is a contender.

Now, here’s a pic of Byrne. Aint she a better choice than Beyonce?

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

that's a shit pic. she has a classic hot australian chick look.

she would be awesome.
under the paving stones.

molly

Raikus

From Mark Millar, acclaimed comic book writer about all this McG and Beyonce hullabaloo. Straight from his message boards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaaaaaaannndddd it all falls into place.

Trust me, McG is not getting anywhere NEAR this fucking thing. He (and others) are talking about this as a means of rejigging their careers. No actress is being seriously considered for Lois and nobody is being auditioned for Supes because there is NO MOVIE, folks. Here's the scoop...

The movie is already something like 50 mill in debt because of all the false-starts. It's a HUGE problem because they want big stars, big effects and a big budget and this would push you to the 250, 300 million mark. This ain't gonna happen, especially with someone as choppy as McG and that fucking awful script kicking around. A chum of mine, like I've said, has been making calls and taking meetings very quietly, has a few things he has to finish first and plans to get moving on this around 2006. Believe NONE of this bullshit you're reading because Beyonce, etc, etc, is just all pish. The real deal is still two years away from even seriously starting work on this so the flick isn't going to be seen until around 2007 at the earliest. There'll be possibly two Batman pics before the next Superman.

And I'm pleased about that.

Because it's going to be done right and be something we can watch for ANOTHER 25 years instead of some pop Charlie's Angels crap.

MM
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

Will SUPERMAN Fly Again? Director McG Hopes So
Source: Superman-V

Speculation has surrounded the idea of bringing Superman back to the big screen for quite some time and to keep up on the news Superman-V is the best place to go, and they have dropped a couple of new tidbits worth mentioning.

First off sources informed the site that director McG recently made a big presentation to Warner execs for his thoughts on the film including conceptual art, storyboards and set designs and reportedly received a positive reaction.

Just as well they squash the rumors that "Smallville" star Tom Welling is not in line for the lead role as the man-in-tights as McG wants to cast his own Superman, not use someone else's.

The site also reports that Jose Fernandez, the man responsible for the costumes for Batman Returns, Daredevil, Spider-Man 2, X-Men 2 and most recently co-created the amazing looking 'Abe-Sapien' for Guillermo del Toro's Hellboy, is one of the main designers working for Kym Barrett.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

man I hope they quit fucking around and make this movie... it would be so cool

RegularKarate

I hope they quit fucking around and DON'T make this movie... it will suck.

Why fuck with the best superman... you can't improve on the first two films (unless you went back in time somehow and let Donner finish Sup II)

MacGuffin

WB OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCES THE NEW SUPERMAN FX TEAM
Source: Variety

Variety reports that Warner Bros. has officially tapped ESC Entertainment to serve as the lead visual effects house for the new "Superman" film, being targeted for a summer 2006 release.

"Superman" is expected to be an effects-heavy tentpole, but because the pic has yet to be greenlit, it is unclear just how many shots ESC will be creating.

Either way, the job signals that ESC will keep its doors open through at least 2006, despite rumors that the shop would soon shutter -- talk that hasn't subsided since the company completed its work on "The Matrix" sequels for which the facility was created.

Warner Bros. has also brought on board effects vet Stan Winston to design a prototype of Superman's suit. Winston currently serves as a consultant on the project.

Studio is hoping to begin production on "Superman" sometime before the end of the year, with McG directing from a script by J.J. Abrams ("Alias").

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

Big Superman rumors! May. 25, 2004

Source: DarkHorizons  by: Jim Law

Dark Horizons got some huge information on the upcoming revival of the SUPERMAN franchise via a scooper named The Smile Face Poster. Everything to do with this film is still speculation but man, Warner Bros should start believing the hype. Click here to read the whole article. You're gonna want to after you check out some of the details below.

"I finally got a word on the casting for McG's SUPERMAN. I will tell you this, and tell it to you first: Henry Cavill is Superman. This is the director's favorite and a majority of the fan's favorite also. Warner Bros. realizes this, and they also see how the casting of Christian Bale for Batman got high-ups from the fanbase. They want to do the same."

"Rose Bryne and Selma Blair are "this close" to getting the role of Lois Lane, and one of them will get it."

"While Topher Grace auditioned for the role of Jimmy Olsen, apparently it may (the key word is may) go to THE OC co-star Adam Brody."

"Now comes the main event. I can safely say that you can expect Johnny Depp to be the next Lex Luthor. That is, because he is the studio's favorite and McG wants to work with him. He's tied because he's not exactly sure if he wants to accept, and he also has CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY filming soon under the direction of Tim Burton. But WB and McG are really trying to nab Depp, since he turned out the most viable in his screentest (I heard it was "f**king amazing")."

modage

please let McG die before he can make this film....
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

A Matter Of Chance

LostEraser

Quote from: themodernage02please let McG die before he can make this film....

Quote from: A Matter Of ChanceMcG should explode..

Agree. A really good director is all it sounds like this project needs to be wonderful. And McG will totally fuck it up.

Since Depp is serioulsy being considered for the role of Lex Luther, that kind of makes me wish Burton would step back in and try to do it.
Capra tells us that, in effect, love's dreams are only dreams and that they will never quite bear translation into practical forms of relationship and expression. They will never be realized in the world but only in our consciousness and in our most daring and glorious works of art - but that, for Capra, is no reason to abandon love's dreams.
--Ray Carney, American Vision: The Films Of Frank Capra

coffeebeetle

I can't believe this is happening!  How dare that talentless freak touch the Man of Steel....inappropriately!  No pun intended of course.....
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

jasper_window

According to AICN, via Michael Bay's website, Bay is going to direct Superman.