the marquee

Started by (kelvin), June 25, 2003, 03:32:33 PM

Tictacbk

a little dated but...

"Modage gives it ten skulls"

hedwig

Reinhold

i sense thread lockage in the near future.

before that, i guess i'll post these marginally amusing ones:

but what i really came here to do was post these:

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Reinhold

"inside jokes with total strangers"

"... and you thought crack was addictive"

Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

I Don't Believe in Beatles

"Herzog took a bullet for us!"
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Reinhold

Quote from: Ravi on April 04, 2006, 01:56:37 PM
You got us pegged pretty quickly, but seriously, what Pubrick said.

i know it's too long for one as-is, but a reference to it would be cool.

"you had us pegged pretty quickly."  or "but seriously, what pubrick said" ... which is just like the real one, except cut in half.

grand theft sparrow

polkablues

I don't think you're allowed to say "cunt" on the internet.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Tictacbk

"pop culture cunt...try music lovers"

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Jeremy Blackman

Some of my favorte Sloganizer sigs...

Not sure whose this was (maybe Cinephile's) but I enjoyed it:

godardian

I'm assuming "Play it as it Lays" comes from a line of PTA dialogue, but I never see it without thinking of:

and its little-seen film adaptation:

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.