The Darjeeling Limited

Started by Fjodor, July 16, 2006, 04:18:42 AM

ElPandaRoyal

This is going to be NICE!!!  :-D
Si

grand theft sparrow

Is it wrong to be looking forward to this just thaaaat much more than There Will Be Blood?

MacGuffin

Quote from: SPARR•O on July 24, 2007, 10:32:37 AM
Is it wrong to be looking forward to this just thaaaat much more than There Will Be Blood?

Nothing's stopping you from out doing mod's traileratar.

And what happened to Trailer A?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

First... I agree with Ghostboy... I like the look of this trailer and it seems it will be better than Life Aquatic

Quote from: SPARR•O on July 24, 2007, 10:32:37 AM

of course it isn't "wrong" ;HOWEVER, this trailer looks like it could be a well-made parody of a Wes Anderson film trailer... it's just full of all the stuff we like from his films, but There Will Be Blood has a different feel than PT's others.

We'll see though... and I'm glad we'll see.

context, context, context.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: RegularKarate on July 24, 2007, 02:52:41 PM
HOWEVER, this trailer looks like it could be a well-made parody of a Wes Anderson film trailer... it's just full of all the stuff we like from his films, but There Will Be Blood has a different feel than PT's others.

That's kind of it.  It's like with Darjeeling, it's an old friend you haven't seen in a while and you know it's going to be business as usual, like they never left.  But with There Will Be Blood, it's like an old friend who went off to war and now he's back... and you don't know what he's going to be like because he's been in the shit.  Is he going to be able to tell you about what he's seen or will he just have a thousand yard stare?  You just don't know.

children with angels

Quote from: SPARR•O on July 24, 2007, 03:44:31 PM
But with There Will Be Blood, it's like an old friend who went off to war and now he's back... and you don't know what he's going to be like because he's been in the shit.  Is he going to be able to tell you about what he's seen or will he just have a thousand yard stare?  You just don't know.

That is nice.

This looks like it'll be REALLY similar to Life Aquatic.

On the plus side (not that Life Aquatic is bad - just don't want it again), "featuring music from the films of Satyajit Ray and Merchant Ivory" sounds like a promisingly weird and interesting twist.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Gold Trumpet

It's a useful trailer. It tells the skeptics of Wes Anderson not to get their hopes up too high. The theme of a disjointed family coming together looks the same as Life Aquatic and Royal. This film also looks to have exactly the same filmmaking scheme as those films as well. Hopefully the finished product shows some growth from Anderson.

Quote from: children with angels on July 24, 2007, 03:48:58 PM
On the plus side (not that Life Aquatic is bad - just don't want it again), "featuring music from the films of Satyajit Ray and Merchant Ivory" sounds like a promisingly weird and interesting twist.

Weird, yes, but the question is: will there be a point? I'm afraid Anderson is doing this for the tie in of both a cultural and filmic reference. No bother that both references have little do with each other or even Anderson himself, but hopefully it has something to do with the story besides the generic. It will be a tough sell.

Pubrick

SPARR•O you are on fucking fire today. brilliantly put.

Quote from: modage on July 24, 2007, 09:08:34 AM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/thedarjeelinglimited/

HOLY SHIT.

he's using my favorite Kinks songs! 
This Time Tomorrow and Strangers. 
if he is amazing, he will also use A Long Way From Home.

brody's almost always in the middle. whatever that means. lots of red dots in the middle too.

there will be who?
under the paving stones.

Ravi

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on July 24, 2007, 04:40:36 PM
Weird, yes, but the question is: will there be a point? I'm afraid Anderson is doing this for the tie in of both a cultural and filmic reference. No bother that both references have little do with each other or even Anderson himself, but hopefully it has something to do with the story besides the generic. It will be a tough sell.

I'm skeptical too, given that this is film score music being reused and not pop tunes, classical music, etc. but I think Anderson will do something interesting with Ray's music.

Stefen

This looks amazing. In my opinion, he's at his best while pouring on the drama. Quirky characters will only get you so far.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

tpfkabi

is that Eric Chase?

"i don't know, i guess the train's lost."
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

last days of gerry the elephant

i wonder if eric chase and wes would've been friends in real life, not as brothers but as people.
context, context, context.

tpfkabi

i dunno.

they'd prob not be sure of trust between each other when one borrowed a belt without asking first...
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.