Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

RegularKarate

Quote from: Jay Tee Em****SPOILERS***

i have a feeling the guys who took Walt are the same people Danielle was going to meet at the black smoke, "the others" she's always referring to...

I thought that was pretty obvious.  She said "but they said they were coming for the boy", which made the viewer say "oh my" because you knew it was going to be Walt.

as far as "where does the ladder go?", the answer is "nowhere".  The reveal showed that the ladder stops way before the bottom of whatever's in that hatch.

I like it when they leave characters in a life-threatening situation at the end of the season.  It's obvious that they're trying to figure out whether they want to keep those actors/characters.

jtm

Quote from: RegularKarate
I thought that was pretty obvious.  She said "but they said they were coming for the boy", which made the viewer say "oh my" because you knew it was going to be Walt.

what put doubt in my mind was the fact that they had a boat.  i assumed "the others" were the survivors from Danielle's crew and they went crazy or sumpthin. where'd the boat come from? i guess we'll find out next season.

Quote from: RegularKarateI like it when they leave characters in a life-threatening situation at the end of the season.  It's obvious that they're trying to figure out whether they want to keep those actors/characters.

there's no way they'll kill Sawyer off, his character is just too great.  besides, it looked like he was just shot in the arm.  they just needed a reason to get the gun away from him so Walt could be kidnapped..... if you were referring to all of them, they'll put the fire out and repair the boat, no sweat.

my predictions for next season:

-the guys on the raft will put 2 and 2 together and figure out it was "the others" that kidnapped Walt and return to the island.
-they will find survivors from the tail of the plane, one of them being Michelle Rodriguez who will hook up with Jack.
-Kate and Sawyer will bang.
-Jack will die.
-just kiddin about Jack.
-Boone will return as some sort of apparition that only Shannon can see and may or may not just be in her head.
-"the others" will kill Danielle.
-Locke will turn into a full fledged villain.
-Hurley's fat ass won't lose any weight.

Kal

The numbers is still the most intriging question for me...

As far as the characters... I think they will all be back... I think I heard JJ Abrams saying something about that, but also the show is very successful as it is and its not that you see any of the characters heading to a new show or anything... so I guess they'll be back at least for a while

Damn its amazing how after 25 episodes they kept so many things... like the freakin monster in the first episode is still a mystery...

Oh well... 4 months to see what happens next

jtm

Quote from: andykalAs far as the characters... I think they will all be back... I think I heard JJ Abrams saying something about that

yeah but he also said most of the questions people had will be answered in the finale.  that was obviously a crock of shit.

Quote from: andykalDamn its amazing how after 25 episodes they kept so many things... like the freakin monster in the first episode is still a mystery...

what to you mean?  now we know the monster may or may not be a puff of poorly cgi'd black smoke. :yabbse-tongue:

edison

There has been talk on other boards that the black puff of smoke is nanobots, there is a .gif from the pilot that shows this black puff exploding one of the jet engines, so it seems that the creators like Crichtons book Prey

edison

Check out the new season 1 promo from the UK:

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/L/lost/

Directed by David LaChapelle

Kinda weird but I like it and there is another one here with portishead music:

http://trent.blogspot.com/

polkablues

Quote from: EEz28so it seems that the creators like Crichtons book Prey

Let's not go crazy... nobody liked Crichton's book, "Prey".
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

can u believe the first season JUST finished last nite over here? i hear the next season is starting like in a couple weeks over there! i will definitely be stealing it this time.

the polar bear was answered inasmuch as Walt imagined it and it happened. i didn't like the ending, it was disappointing, as has been said to death nothing was revealed. but also it was the worst written and worst acted episode of the whole series. if they'd started the show on that note, i would never have watched.

i know americans are famously useless at discerning accents, but whoever hired those stupid actors in the airport to sound australian must be SHOT IN THE NUTS. omg, "dee yee went me to weigh u, deee?" they were horrible even for KIWI accents. the only featured extra who didn't make me laugh my ass off was the guy who told hurly "back o' the loyne". u know what a real australian accent sounds like, right? it sounds like Clare! so it's not like they hav no idea. jesus that was the first thing that sucked.

secondly, still showing us backstory on the day of the flight in the last episode? wtf. we get it, their lives intertwined. they could've revealed so much more but then it wouldn't hav been a cliffhanger. then a 15min slow motion montage. hahah, come on. worst written episode ever. hurly just repeating like a dumb idiot "the numbers are bad the numbers are bad the numbers are bad!" yeah that's gonna stop locke!

setting up that Jack is going to go against Locke in the next season "i got ur back", was laughable. and i'm speaking as sumone who LOVES this show! ok enuff exclamations, i was just expecting to be given a little more credit. what else, the only bad acting that looked decent was michael's desperation when walt got taken.

so yeah as mentioned before, the ppl on the boat are some of 'the others', they're probably living inside the island sumhow, that's where the tunnel goes. no idea what the hell the smoke was, or what the numbers mean, but they did enter gate 23 and that meant sumthing to kate, maybe the other numbers mean sumthing to jack, locke, etc.

still, the best new show of the year, the hottest female cast of any show.. annnnd it owns us all.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Pubrickworst acted episode of the whole series.

That trend will continue now that Michelle Rodriguez is a regular on the show.

Quote from: Pubrickthe hottest female cast of any show..

Too bad they have to ruin it by making Michelle Rodriguez a regular on the show.

Quote from: Pubrickso yeah as mentioned before, the ppl on the boat are some of 'the others', they're probably living inside the island sumhow, that's where the tunnel goes.

Did I mention Michelle Rodriguez will be a regular on the show? :yabbse-puke:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Quote from: Pubricki know americans are famously useless at discerning accents, but whoever hired those stupid actors in the airport to sound australian must be SHOT IN THE NUTS. omg, "dee yee went me to weigh u, deee?" they were horrible even for KIWI accents. the only featured extra who didn't make me laugh my ass off was the guy who told hurly "back o' the loyne". u know what a real australian accent sounds like, right? it sounds like Clare! so it's not like they hav no idea. jesus that was the first thing that sucked.

That's what happens when you hire a bunch of American actors who aren't good enough to get hired for real roles, and then expect them to do accents.

In other news, isn't Michelle Rodriguez great?  Everyone I know thinks so.   :yabbse-thumbup:
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Quote from: polkabluesIn other news, isn't Michelle Rodriguez great?  Everyone I know thinks so.   :yabbse-thumbup:

You know a lot of blind and deaf eunuchs.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I'm excited about the new season... but unless they start answering some questions soon people are gonna get bored... otherwise it will be reduced to jack vs. locke (like before), charlie with his heroin (like before), and more unsolved mysteries (like before) that will make the show suck and people get lost because you dont even know what the fuck is happening to the original plot anymore

Pubrick

Quote from: name deleted by modage
Quote from: polkabluesIn other news, isn't Michelle Rodriguez great?  Everyone I know thinks so.   :yabbse-thumbup:

You know a lot of blind and deaf eunuchs.
hahaha. i too hope they brought her in just to kill her off. bad casting choice unless she plays a blind and deaf eunuch herself.

imdb shows another new character being introduced, played by an african with an unpronounceable name, was he one of the dudes who took walt? u'd hav to be a major Recall Allstar to remember, but i think he was on the boat.
under the paving stones.

Tictacbk

Quote from: andykI'm excited about the new season... but unless they start answering some questions soon people are gonna get bored... otherwise it will be reduced to jack vs. locke (like before), charlie with his heroin (like before), and more unsolved mysteries (like before) that will make the show suck and people get lost because you dont even know what the fuck is happening to the original plot anymore

I read an article in USA today a while ago that said many questions would be answered in the very first episode with definite answers not more questions.  I guess they realized that creating a ton more questions and answering none in the final episode pissed a lot of people off.

modage

okay i am PSYCHED to start watching season 1 on tuesday, but already worried about the potential letdown in season two.  with j.j. off doing mi3, will lost suffer an alias like nosedive?  macguffin your thoughts....
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.