What are we reading?

Started by edison, September 21, 2003, 11:20:03 PM

The Perineum Falcon

I just finished:

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

and just started:

The Importance of Being Earnest & Four Other Plays

I think the B&N Classics are the Criterion of books, but affordable.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

kotte

Quote from: eward
Quote from: kotte
Quote from: ewardcassavettes on cassavettes

FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!!!!

I've been meaning to read that. What's incredible about it??

without giving any goods away, i'll just say that its one of the mnost inspiring books on film i've ever read, and totally just reminds me of why i wanna make movies and do nothing else.  its absolutely invigorating.  i know thats not saying anything more than "fucking incredible" said, but seriously, dont hesitate, read it.  read it now.  then again, and again, and again...

I'll check that one out then... :)

Pedro

i couldn't finish atlas shrugged...i just couldn't.  so i picked something just as amibitious...

©brad

Quote from: xerxesi never really liked that guy.  seems like an ass.

ur mom is an ass

meatball

Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk

context, context, context.

now , your life will change.
context, context, context.

Thrindle

Short stories relating to women on Vancouver's Lower East Side.  Basically stories about prostitution, poverty, drug abuse... it's a potpourri.
Classic.

kotte

Atomised.

Thank you. Got it today. Can't wait to read it.

Gloria

Just started:

So far, interesting structure and wonderful personal stories from the time period.

can i read over your shoulder

meatball

You can read over mine any day.

Raikus

Just purchased The Dark Tower. Hopefully it will elevate the story back up to Drawing and Wasteland levels.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: RaikusJust purchased The Dark Tower. Hopefully it will elevate the story back up to Drawing and Wasteland levels.

I went to Connecticut to get it signed by King.  Really nice guy.  And I'm totally downplaying how nervous I was when I met him.

And this one's definitely better than the last two so far (100 pages in).

Why is there no Stephen King thread?  Or is there?