A.I. observations

Started by AnubisGOJ, March 18, 2003, 08:17:26 PM

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Lester
its well done, sure, but could you imagine how insane and hyper-sexual it wouldve been if kubrick did it?

What a fucking perfect term... hyper-sexual

Quote from: Lesteroh yeah, Little Mermaid can have penises cramming the screen, but AI cant even have one? FUCK the MPAA. Fuck it hard with Kubricks dead fat cock. im gonna make it my personal mission in the industry to make the rating system obsolete.

FALSE
http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/mermaid.htm

http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/minister.htm

Cecil

Quote from: Lesterim gonna make it my personal mission in the industry to make the rating system obsolete.

groovy.

lets team-up

bonanzataz

That little mermaid rumor isn't false. I've seen it with my own eyes!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

BonBon85

Quote from: bonanzatazThat little mermaid rumor isn't false. I've seen it with my own eyes!

So have I, but they claim it's the priest's knee under the robe.

bonanzataz

yeah, but the penis on the poster can't be argued. it is most definitely a penis.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Claim: The letters S-E-X are formed by a swirling cloud of dust in The Lion King.

http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/lionking.htm
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinClaim: The letters S-E-X are formed by a swirling cloud of dust in The Lion King.
looks like S-e-e to me.

on the subject of AI ending, my opinion, if anyone cares, is that if u like the "frozen" ending then u really don't like robots. if u like the real ending which is the kid living his dream, then ur coo wit me and ur coo wit that which is beyond u and me.

i dunno bout u ppl, but i plan to die happy.
under the paving stones.

Duck Sauce

now thinking about it, I liked the full ending better than if it stopped in the ice. In the ice, he still had hope, its sadder this way/

Cecil

"Rushed to complete... hurried... at about four in the morning... inadvertently drew... didn't notice the resemblance..."

thats what i used to say to teachers when i was in school

Victor

ive tried that a few times, but i dunno, its kind of hard to find an excuse for a nine-inch erection right in the middle of a geometry paper.

but when you think about it, most architechure is somewhat phallic in nature. why do you think everyone wants to build the tallest building in the world? it says, dont fuck with us, weve got a bigger cock than you.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Dr. Gonzo

I love A.I. the way it is. It dissapoints me to know that there are still people who didn't know they were robots, not aliens, at the end. And yes, the end is needed, if not to show all the stuff about David (which has been covered so I won't say anything about it), then to show that Gigilo Joe was right..."in the end, all that will be left...is us" It shows that humans will bring their own end...is that not Kubrick?

Pubrick

Quote from: Dr. GonzoIt shows that humans will bring their own end...is that not Kubrick?
totally man, that's so ekzellent. but i think it also shows that we will be redeemed by robot death.

if u believe in that sorta thing, of course. like this chick:

they'll show us who we really are.

i know this topic is dead, and there's very few reasonable ppl to discuss things with.. but i'll pose the question anyway: is the mother's perception in the final bit of the movie, in the dream, as real as her day to day "classic" reality in her mind? i would say, even moreso. the idea of 2 dream characters purely and honestly communicating in an island of time/space.. that's the real future.

it's a question of consciousness. and a place where robots and humans meet.
under the paving stones.

foray

I don't think the ending with David staring at the Blue Fairy would've been pessimistic. To me, it showed that robots had finally reached a point where they could pray. And that's why it ended quite nicely for me there.

I don't really mind the 'second' ending, because the ideas presented there are very interesting and open up the film's scope. However, it seems like it's too much of a surprise, it's a twisty doggy-leg. Are there enough elements in the film, prior to that scene, that prepares us for the final scene and all its ideas?

foray
touch me i'm sick

Alexandro

Quote from: forayI don't think the ending with David staring at the Blue Fairy would've been pessimistic. To me, it showed that robots had finally reached a point where they could pray. And that's why it ended quite nicely for me there.

I don't really mind the 'second' ending, because the ideas presented there are very interesting and open up the film's scope. However, it seems like it's too much of a surprise, it's a twisty doggy-leg. Are there enough elements in the film, prior to that scene, that prepares us for the final scene and all its ideas?

foray

Defintely

the film looks at existence as a mental state more than a phisical state, it says that the human mind or human like conciousness is the key to the meaning of existence. david only becomes a true intellect by the end, when his dreams completely shape his reality.

it's sad cause in the physical world that wouldn't be possible, but it's also upbeat cause it acknowledges the true human potential to become purely "a soul". david doesn't physically become a human being, only intelectually. the film is talking about artificial intelligence but david also represents humans and as a whol ethe movie analyzes human nature in terms of capacity to love, hate, fear and hope, our relationship with our universe and our feelings about the existence of "a creator"...this is such a deep movie, I don't think there has been a film with so much philosophical nature in ages...

jtm

Quote from: MacGuffinClaim: The letters S-E-X are formed by a swirling cloud of dust in The Lion King.

http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/lionking.htm

check this out.  i was looking around that snopes site and found this...........  http://www.snopes.com/horrors/freakish/scuba.htm

...or maybe this was common knowledge.  i never heard of it.