Screamo

Started by MattDead, August 15, 2005, 03:16:05 PM

MattDead

no, I'm not talking about what you have been hearing on MTV (Thursday, Hawthorne Heights, etc.), I'm talking about TRUE screamo bands like Orchid, Saetia, Hot Cross, The Saddest Landscape, Ampere, Pg. 99, Cobra Kai, City of Caterpillar, Circle Takes The Square, 400 Years, Indian Summer, and stuff like that..

Anyone listen to that kind of stuff?
Matt2Media
www.matt2media.com

w/o horse

It's funny that the list seems time locked, or at least that that is the list I would have made a few years back.  Except Hot Cross, which is from the ashes of Saetia, right?  If so that reminds me that I need to get that album, as Saetia is the only band on the list that I actively listen to, although this topic has given me a hankering for some Orchid.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

MattDead

hahah!  Its true!  It is very time locked.

Some guys from Pg. 99 and CoC did Malady earlier this year, but that is even defunct.   The Saddest Landscape only cany out in 2001 so they are still around and making records, as is Circle Takes The Square.
Matt2Media
www.matt2media.com

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

But it's still Screamo...

I would prefer it over what's on MTV, but a lot of it carries many similarities... which I expect in a genre, but it grows a little weak for me.  

However, Screamo shows are usually pretty energetic, which I enjoy quite a bit.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MattDead

Yes, there is a lot of stigma attached to the word "screamo", but its basically melodic hardcore with screaming the whole time.   All other could be considered Pop/Rock  :yabbse-wink:    ...screamo could also be considered post-hardcore
Matt2Media
www.matt2media.com

Stefen

This phaze will pass.

I must say I am not interested in music labeled screamo. I bet I like bands that are "screamo" but I don't give a shit.

Screamo is stupid.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MattDead

this "phaze" you speak of has been around since '91.
Matt2Media
www.matt2media.com

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Myxo

Hardcore melodic metal you can commit suicide to.

MattDead

Metal?

I think not.
Matt2Media
www.matt2media.com

RegularKarate

why would anyone use the word "Screamo" to describe anything they like?  

If I loved a Fugazi rippoff band and wanted other people to like it, I wouldn't call it something dumb like "HushPuppy" or "Kissy Face music", I would just tell people "Fugazi ripoff bands are good".

deathnotronic

Quote from: Losing the Horse:It's funny that the list seems time locked, or at least that that is the list I would have made a few years back.  Except Hot Cross, which is from the ashes of Saetia, right?  If so that reminds me that I need to get that album, as Saetia is the only band on the list that I actively listen to, although this topic has given me a hankering for some Orchid.

onlyanactor

there's a lots of post-hardcore bands (don't say screamo when talking about those bands.  screamo is alexisonfire, etc) out there that are amazing.

check out:
a trillion barnacle lapse
please inform the captain this is a hijack
love like... electrocution
stop it!!
!!trophy scars!!

if you ever get a chance to see the holy shroud in concert, fucking run don't walk.  i saw them with hot cross last year (who sucked btw) and they blew me away.  i spoke is playing their last show in toronto on friday.

and also, these guys fall closer to the alexisonfire stylings but they are oh so fucking talented, the fall of troy.  if no other band, you have to check them out.
only dead fingers talk in Braille... experimental/progressive/post-hardcore
P. Widdler and the Diddlers hip-hop side project

onlyanactor

Quote from: Losing the Horse:It's funny that the list seems time locked, or at least that that is the list I would have made a few years back.  Except Hot Cross, which is from the ashes of Saetia, right?  If so that reminds me that I need to get that album, as Saetia is the only band on the list that I actively listen to, although this topic has given me a hankering for some Orchid.

hot cross and circle takes the square.
only dead fingers talk in Braille... experimental/progressive/post-hardcore
P. Widdler and the Diddlers hip-hop side project

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: deathnotronic

Good point, deathno.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye