JFK.

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 03, 2004, 06:22:36 PM

Vile5

Quote from: SiliasRubyThis, like other movies such as Magnolia, Blue Velvet, American Beauty, and Pulp Fiction; had a profound effect on me. I even remember the exact time, and day I saw this film and who was with me at the time
the same in my case! i remember exactly the day i watched it for first time, i have a habit, i don't now if some of you have it too but i like to celebrate the December 28 (you know, the day Lumière brothers showed for first time the cinema to the world) so i MUST watch a wonderful movie that day and at 1992 i chose JFK and i loved it! specially the first sequence when Stone create suspense even when we know exactly how Kennedy died, an excellent movie for an excellent day
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Henry Hill

JFK is one of my favorite movies of all time. After watching it, you have to take a step back.  I get blown away everytime I watch it. It is flawless.

Gamblour.

I had to bring this back up, having passed the 41st anniversary of JFK's assassination. I did a research project on JFK a few years ago and read this book that assumed their was a conspiracy, but I tell ya, reading about countless worthless witnesses made me totally subscribe to Ockham's razor that simply Oswald did it by himself. It's like Jenga, you pull one idea out, put it somewhere else, and the whole thing collapses on itself. The gunman was here, the gunman was there, it's all horse shit.

And then there's this movie. I cringe when I see this movie. It is so fucking falsified, Stone made a martyr out of some dipshit DA. Garrison was a egotistical lawyer who knew he had nothing against Shaw, but went ahead anyway, wasting everyone's time. Stone says he was trying to bring to light a man who tried to say there was a conspiracy, but a lot of honor there is in that because there was no conspiracy. The movie builds drama on all these lies and assumptions. I'll give it to Stone, as a movie, without any context, it is amazingly done and constructed. I like watching it. But when I think about how untrue it is, eek. When I watch this, I'm sure I know what it feels like for a vet to watch Pearl Harbor.
WWPTAD?

©brad

Quote from: Gamblor not so gone.I had to bring this back up, having passed the 41st anniversary of JFK's assassination. I did a research project on JFK a few years ago and read this book that assumed their was a conspiracy, but I tell ya, reading about countless worthless witnesses made me totally subscribe to Ockham's razor that simply Oswald did it by himself. It's like Jenga, you pull one idea out, put it somewhere else, and the whole thing collapses on itself. The gunman was here, the gunman was there, it's all horse shit.

And then there's this movie. I cringe when I see this movie. It is so fucking falsified, Stone made a martyr out of some dipshit DA. Garrison was a egotistical lawyer who knew he had nothing against Shaw, but went ahead anyway, wasting everyone's time. Stone says he was trying to bring to light a man who tried to say there was a conspiracy, but a lot of honor there is in that because there was no conspiracy. The movie builds drama on all these lies and assumptions. I'll give it to Stone, as a movie, without any context, it is amazingly done and constructed. I like watching it. But when I think about how untrue it is, eek. When I watch this, I'm sure I know what it feels like for a vet to watch Pearl Harbor.

B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T.

look we could argue all day about this conspiracy and what the movie did and didn't do. but i tell u want-- if for nothing else, the movie is provoking such a debate, and that's important.

it's sort of a backwards compliment. there are people who vehemently attacked the film, wrote long, angry articles about it. that alone proves the film has power. if stone had made a mediocre film, no one would have said shit about it. guaranteed.

and ocham's razor is for pussies.

Gamblour.

Quote from: ©brad
B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T.

look we could argue all day about this conspiracy and what the movie did and didn't do. but i tell u want-- if for nothing else, the movie is provoking such a debate, and that's important.

it's sort of a backwards compliment. there are people who vehemently attacked the film, wrote long, angry articles about it. that alone proves the film has power. if stone had made a mediocre film, no one would have said shit about it. guaranteed.

and ocham's razor is for pussies.

I'll give you this, that film as a medium is powerful when someone can use it well. Stone, lies in hand, made one hell of a film, and it's provoking. But so was Triumph of the Will. I said I liked Stone's film, but knowing how much of it is b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t. makes me hate it. Movie's exist beyond their construction, and in any historical context, this is a bad movie, important, but bad.

and Ockham's razor is one of the best lines of reasoning ever, hardly for pussies, more for assholes.
WWPTAD?

El Duderino

how sick is this...

Kennedy assassination re-created in video game
LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- A new video game to be released on Monday allows players to simulate the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy.

The release of "JFK Reloaded" is timed to coincide with the 41st anniversary of Kennedy's murder in Dallas and was designed to demonstrate a lone gunman was able to kill the president.

"It is despicable," said David Smith, a spokesman for Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy, the late president's brother. He was informed of the game on Friday but declined further comment.

Kirk Ewing, managing director of the Scottish firm Traffic Games, which developed the game, said he understood some people would be horrified at the concept, but he insisted he and his team had nothing but respect for Kennedy and for history.

"We believe that the only thing we're exploiting is new technology," said Ewing, a former documentary filmmaker and senior executive with Scottish developer VIS, responsible for games like "State of Emergency." He said he sent Edward Kennedy a letter before the game's release.

Ewing said the game was designed to undermine the theory there was some shadowy plot behind the assassination. "We believe passionately there was no conspiracy," he said.

Traffic Games said the objective was for a player to fire three shots at Kennedy's motorcade from assassin Lee Harvey Oswald's digitally recreated sixth-floor perch in the Texas School Book Depository.

Points are awarded or subtracted based on how accurately the shots match the official version of events as documented by the Warren Commission, which investigated Kennedy's assassination.

Shooting the image of Kennedy in the right spots in the right sequence adds to the score, while "errors" like shooting first lady Jacqueline Kennedy lead to deductions.

Each shot can be replayed in slow motion, and the bullets can be tracked as they travel and pass through Kennedy's digitally recreated body. Players can choose to see blood by pressing a "blood effects" option.

Players can view the motorcade from a number of angles, including the perspective of filmmaker Abraham Zapruder and a view from the "grassy knoll" where some conspiracy theorists believe a second gunman was stationed.

The game will be available via download for $9.99.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

pete

the zapruder videographers did a recreation like that about 10 years ago.  live performances in Texas and such.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: El Duderinohow sick is this...
u mean posting the same article cine posted over here? yeah, that is pretty sick..
under the paving stones.

SHAFTR

thats like making a video game where you press buttons to make FDR stand up.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Stefen

Quote from: SHAFTRthats like making a video game where you press buttons to make FDR stand up.

That could actually be pretty fun. I remember 2 summers ago some friends and I rented Britney Spears dance game just to oogle at her pixels and ended up playing the game for about 2 weeks. It was so much fun, you just press the correct buttons at the right time and she dances and you dance with her and it's just so cool, that could be like what the fdr game is like, you just press a button in coordination to get him to stand up, after the first level he can now stand but you have to make him walk, in the last level (level 99)  you have to make him breakdance on some cardboard while auditioning for Britney!! ITS ALL IN THE TIMING OF THE COMBOS AND BUTTON MASHING.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.