Dodgeball

Started by Just Withnail, March 25, 2004, 03:18:08 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: El Duderinoif you're talking about the ben stiller thing...i laughed my ass off, but i left after that
Ummm... was it after the credits? You would know. If there was stuff after it, you didn't see the thing.

Ghostboy

I stayed, thanks to your suggestion. The seductive, sexy charm of that song has now been ruined for me forever.

Alethia

the funniest part of this movie was when gary cole said something like "this cinderella story is now turning into pumpkins" something or other, and the other announcer turns and says "well, i for one have always loved pumpkins..."

god i laughed

Jeremy Blackman

I still think the best announcer line was "Do you believe in unlikelihood?"

El Duderino

no, the best was...

[Spoliers]
Gary Cole: It looks like they're forfeiting the game.
Jason Bateman: Wow, let's see how that strategy works out for them.

oh, and it is Jason Bateman from Arrested Development, for those who didnt know
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

SiliasRuby

DVD News
Source: dvdaficionado.com
Release Date: November 9, 2004
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Hit-and-miss for me on this one. Some really good bits, but it really just touched upon it's potential. There's a lot of set-up and that makes the dodgeball competitions quick and into montages. The 'underdog' characters were one-dimensional which made them more losers (and not even lovable ones at that) who lacked personality to root for them, and Vaughn felt too straight in playing the straight-man to Stiller.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Fox Home Entertainment has announced the region one release of Dodgeball which stars the likes of Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Rip Torn and Christine Taylor. This recent Rawson Marshall Thurber directed comedy, will be available to own in seperate widescreen and full screen releases from the 7th December this year. Retail for each will be around $27.98. Both of the discs will include English Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks along with an audio commentary by writer/director Rawson Marshall Thurber and actors Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn, seven deleted and extended scenes with optional commentary by the director, a new alternate ending with optional commentary and two featurettes entitled Dodgeball Boot Camp: Training for Dodgeball and The Anatomy of a Hit. Completing the package will be a comedy montage, a blooper reel, two features entitled Justin Long: A Study in Ham & Cheese and Dodgeball: Go for the Gold, a preview of Elektra and multiple trailers.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

i thought this was really really bad.  i felt bad for stiller who is on a bad streak apparently, although i didnt know it when this came out, and vaughn who is criminally underused (and possibly miscast) playing the average nice guy.  only when allowed to be himself does he manage to sneak some funny through.  whoever wrote and directed this is responsible for this terrible.  a handful of laughs sprinkled through a ridiculous 1 1/2 hours.  for this sort of anything goes humor, i thought anchorman was a lot funnier while still not being a great movie atleast cleverer.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

I liked it but didn't love it.  I was bored with the first 15 minutes but once Rip Torn showed up, I warmed up to it.  Not as funny as even the commentary for Anchorman but I liked it.

Although, if it was made 20 years ago starring Bill Murray, Jamie Lee Curtis and Rick Moranis in Ben Stiller's role, and directed by John Landis, it would probably be one of my favorite comedies of all time.