Website Redux

Started by Ghostboy, September 09, 2003, 04:02:58 AM

Ghostboy

Hey folks,

I was wondering if you could give the 'beta' version of my new website a try. I redid most of it in Flash, although a few pages are still currently in HTML. This is basically the first extensive thing I've done in Flash (I started learning it a month or two ago), so there might be some problems. What do you all think? Any feedback and criticisms would be very welcome.

www.road-dog-productions.com

It's not too graphic intensive, so if you're not on a fast connection (like me), it still shouldn't take too long to load. There isn't a pre-loader yet, though.

Thanks a bunch.

Raikus

Nice and simple.

While searching I only noticed two things that I'd change. 1) Under the news section only "L" is listed instead of "Lullaby." There was another page that had it listed as "Lul" as well (can't find it now). 2) I'd create a non-animated home page that you could link to the "home" button once you're in the site. It's a bit tedious waiting for the menu to come up again and again after you originally see it.

Even with those suggestions, good job.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

ReelHotGames

Ghostboy

Very nice. Simple, and clean and very nice looking. Still looks very interesting. Nice work.

My only suggestion the same as above, maybe create a html home page with the same image and have any "home" link head to it instead of the flash intor home page, but it's a very VERY minor thing to wait a few seconds.

Cheers!
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

Ghostboy

Thanks guys. I was trying to figure out a way to link back to a certain scene and frame in a Flash file (from outside of that file), so that it wouldn't play that opening animation again. I don't know why I didn't think of just doing it as HTML...I'll get that taken care of tonight.

I too noticed the problem Raikus mentioned, about the Lullaby being cut off. That's the way it looks on the monitor at my computer at work. Also, on that monitor I can barely see anything -- I think the contrast on the monitor was just really off, but was the site to dark for anyone? It looks great on my Apple LCD monitor, but if its too hard to see on other computers, I'll go ahead and brighten the graphics.

Thanks again. Anyone else?

Cecil

cool

i dont think its too dark. it looks great

Alethia

i like it much.  oh and deadroom sounds fucking wonderful, by the way.  i can't wait to see it finished.