Pink Floyd - Live in Pompeii

Started by jasper_window, May 22, 2003, 11:22:31 AM

jasper_window

I've heard various rumors, and supposedly it's being worked on, but can anyone confirm a dvd release date, or any info at all.  Thanks.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

jasper_window

Thank you much.  I had a feeling you'd come through.

jasper_window

sorry to bother again, but have you heard anything, mac.  This sucker keeps getting pushed back, and I'm dying to watch it in all it's remastered glory.

Lucinda Bryte

They have been pushing back the release for this forever and I'm getting frusterated. First I heard, it was early or late May.

Anyway when I get it, all will be well.

jasper_window

Quote from: gwai
Quote from: jasper_windowsorry to bother again, but have you heard anything, mac.  This sucker keeps getting pushed back, and I'm dying to watch it in all it's remastered glory.
according to the site where i buy my dvd's the dvd is set to be released on the 26th of november this year. on region 2 that is. i don't know where you're from but i guess that's the same date for you too.

I live in the states, but thanks anyway.

jasper_window

Quote from: Lucinda BryteThey have been pushing back the release for this forever and I'm getting frusterated. First I heard, it was early or late May.

Anyway when I get it, all will be well.

Agreed.  I'm beyond frustrated.

Fernando

FWIW, Tomorrow will finally be released Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii.

freakerdude

Wow...now this is exciting news! I wish I could get more info on the recording enhancements, surround sound options, etc.

Off to search and buy.......

Here's a highly detailed review of the video & audio transfer analysis and list of extras, and more from a region 4 Australian version:

http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Reviews/Reviews.asp?ID=3325
MC Pee Pants

Lucinda Bryte

Quote from: FernandoFWIW, Tomorrow will finally be released Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii.

AHHHHHH finalllllyy!!

I'm so going to have wet dreams about that tonight.

anakin_e

I picked up the DVD yesterday, the menu is awesome, but for some reason it takes a while for the disc to be recognized by my player. I watched the "special edition" last night, and while impressive I wasn't a fan of most of the newer footage, especially the CGI Pompeii stuff, and some of the editing made it quite disjointed, i'm looking forward to watching the original concert and other special features tonight. The recently released dvd on making Dark Side of the Moon is a nice partner for this release, i highly recommend picking both up.
One final note, the DVD really gives you an appreciation for Nick Mason and the percussion side of Pink Floyd in general, as most fot he footage seems to concentrate on Mason drumming. Awesome stuff.
"So ya, Thought ya, Might like to go to the show. To feel the warm thrill of confusion, That space cadet glow. Tell me is something eluding you sunshine? Is this not what you expected to see? If you'd like to find out what's behind these cold eyes? You'll just have to claw your way through the Disquise - "
- Pink Floyd "The Wall"