Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Fernando

Quote from: Derek on December 09, 2009, 02:00:04 PM
I must have missed something everything.

fixed.

maybe it's better if you rewatch the whole season.

but if you're looking for the short answer keep reading...............yep, they are in present day, some ppl in that plane went to the past and some landed in the present, lost's crazy  :crazyeyes:

polkablues

Yeah.  Pretty much rewatch the season.

But basically, as the plane passed over the island, there was a flash of white light and Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Sayid disappeared off the plane and woke up on the island in 1977.  The rest of the plane, which included Ben, Sun, Lapidus, and Locke's corpse, crashed on the island in the current day (2007, by the show's timeline).  Why this is the case, we don't know yet.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Derek

Thanks, I just missed the fact that they weren't pulled into separate timelines. I'm thick.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Pas

how could you possibly miss that if you watched a single episode?

whatever.

I'm not as excited as I thought I would be about this. I guess Lost has been going steadily downhill ever since S01E01 ... there's always a couple great episode a year but so, so much filler.

It will stand as one the greatest series in TV history as a whole, but taken apart, episode by episode, it can be so irritating to follow. It was def. made for DVDs

diggler

my girlfriend recently saw the season 5 finale after having never seen the show and decided to go back and watch the whole series from the beginning. every episode she's like "is THAT the real locke? is he dead now? ok, how about now? waaiiiiit i bet that was the fake locke!!!"

we're on season 1 episode 5
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

diggler

Quote from: jtm on May 27, 2005, 08:12:33 PM

my predictions for next season:

-the guys on the raft will put 2 and 2 together and figure out it was "the others" that kidnapped Walt and return to the island.
-they will find survivors from the tail of the plane, one of them being Michelle Rodriguez who will hook up with Jack.
-Kate and Sawyer will bang.
-Jack will die.
-just kiddin about Jack.
-Boone will return as some sort of apparition that only Shannon can see and may or may not just be in her head.
-"the others" will kill Danielle.
-Locke will turn into a full fledged villain.
-Hurley's fat ass won't lose any weight.

been re-reading this thread (which is very entertaining by the way) and gotta give props to this (shockingly accurate) prediction from after season 1

MacGuffin

'Lost' posters: The best? Or the best ever?
Source: EW

Uh-oh, looks like my collection of Lost paraphernalia is about to grow: This new poster from British designer Olly Moss is the coolest freaking thing I've seen in years. (Time to get out more, Marge!) Behold the Saul Bass-ian glory of a John Locke poster.

This is the second in a 16-poster series (the first is this Hurley-themed edition) that will no doubt wipe out my meager savings. I particularly like the cheeky URLs for the first two posters, ActuallyItsKetchup.com, which Hurley said to Ana Lucia in "The Lie", and ThatAndBasketWeaving.com, which Alex says to Sawyer.

http://damoncarltonandapolarbear.com/dcpb/x/
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Derek

Quote from: Pas Rap on December 18, 2009, 10:27:46 AM
how could you possibly miss that if you watched a single episode?

whatever.

I'm not as excited as I thought I would be about this. I guess Lost has been going steadily downhill ever since S01E01 ... there's always a couple great episode a year but so, so much filler.

It will stand as one the greatest series in TV history as a whole, but taken apart, episode by episode, it can be so irritating to follow. It was def. made for DVDs

Don't let it ruin your day.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Derek

That's a pretty well put together promo....just over a month away!

MacGuffin

Want to see Lost before anyone else? Here's how!

Don't want to wait until Feb. 2 to get your first glimpse of Lost's sixth and final season premiere? Well, Losties, you don't have to! All you have to do is be one of 815 winners of Lost's "message in a bottle" sweepstakes and you'll win an exclusive sneak peek at the first few minutes of the show's premiere.

The 815 winners will get a Lost bottle with a USB port that looks like Desmond's fail-safe key. That key has exclusive, never-before-seen video of the season premiere, along with scenes from last season's finale.

So what do you have to do to become one of the 815 ultimate Lost insiders? Figure out if blowing yourself up in the past will make you have a better future in the present? Discover who Jacob really is and if he's really dead? Determine if Locke really is the Smoke Monster or if the Smoke Monster is actually the four-toed statue?

Nope, all you have to do is go to http://lostthefinalseasonsweepstakes.com/ and register by Jan. 17, 2010. Then answer six questions correctly (you can keep trying if you get them wrong) and you're entered. And just so everybody's got a real chance, we're going to give you the questions and the answers. (At least the ones we gave when we entered.) So stop reading if you want to figure out this yourself. Stop reading now. We mean it. Don't read another word ...

Here are the questions:

1) How many survivors were there from the fuselage section of Oceanic flight 815?

And the answer is: 48

2) Who are the Oceanic 6?

And the answer is: Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Sun, and Aaron

3) What game did Locke use to illustrate the battle of good and evil on the Island?

And the answer is: Backgammon

4) A surprising romance developed between which unlikely couple in season five?

And the answer is: Sawyer and Juliet

5) What was the name of the scientific organization that built the stations on the Island?

And the answer is: Dharma Initiative

6) Who is the first person to say, "Whatever happened, happened?"

And the answer is: Faraday

Prizes will be delivered on Friday, Jan. 29, which gives you gloating rights for a few days before the Tuesday, Feb. 2, Lost all-night event. The recap special starts at 8 p.m. ET/PT, with the two-hour premiere, "LA X" premiering at 9 p.m.

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

someone had better leak that shit.

diggler

three days early, big deal.

just kidding

MacGuffin

Lost's 'Last Supper'
Source: SciFi Wire

Little could Leonardo da Vinci have imagined way back in the 15th century that his brilliant painting of The Last Supper—which features Jesus with his 12 apostles—would become the iconic image for television promotions, as exemplified by what we're calling the "Lost Supper," which ABC just released to promote the upcoming sixth and final season, which premieres Feb. 2 at 8 p.m.

The picture features the cast of Lost sitting in airplane seats pulled up to what appears to be an airplane wing that's being used as a table. Skulls litter the ground in front of them as the cast appears focused on Locke in the center of the table. So what's it mean? Locke is Jesus? Airplane wings make good tables? Dharma Initiative food would make a good last supper? And if Locke is Jesus, who's Judas?

Larger pic here.

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

Quote from: MacGuffin on January 05, 2010, 01:16:20 PM

Lost's 'Last Supper'
Source: SciFi Wire

Little could Leonardo da Vinci have imagined way back in the 15th century that his brilliant painting of The Last Supper—which features Jesus with his 12 apostles—would become the iconic image for television promotions, as exemplified by what we're calling the "Lost Supper," which ABC just released to promote the upcoming sixth and final season, which premieres Feb. 2 at 8 p.m.

The picture features the cast of Lost sitting in airplane seats pulled up to what appears to be an airplane wing that's being used as a table. Skulls litter the ground in front of them as the cast appears focused on Locke in the center of the table. So what's it mean? Locke is Jesus? Airplane wings make good tables? Dharma Initiative food would make a good last supper? And if Locke is Jesus, who's Judas?

Larger pic here.

Hurley was the obvious choice!