AG-DV1DC Mini-DV VTR

Started by subversiveproductions, December 21, 2003, 11:28:03 PM

subversiveproductions

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=getItemDetail&Q=&sku=249177&is=REG&si=feat#goto_itemInfo

Anyone have any experience with one of these?  It's supposed to be portable, do you think I could use a firewire cable to use it as a field monitor too?
www.bloodlessriot.blogspot.com
let me pour my heart out to you strangers.

www.anewnothing.com
smile from ear to blood-dripping ear

Xixax

Can't vouch for that one in particular, but I can relay the fact that I recently had a bad experience with Panasonic DV decks.

First one I got was defective (wouldn't track DV tapes or DVCAM tapes). Sent it to the warranty service center. They sent it back calibrated and aligned. Still no workie. I send it back. Panasonic corporate takes it in house and can't fix it and sends me a new deck. The new deck arrives and works better than the first, but still had trouble accurately tracking both DV and DVCAM tapes.

The deck in question was a Panasonic AG-DV2500.

I sold it on e-bay (taking a couple of hundred dollar hit selling it with full disclosure "as is"), and replaced it with a Sony DSR-11 which has been absolutely flawless in every way.

Panasonic's warranty service was good, I'll give them that. They stood behind their product, but their product had design issues that should have kept it on the drawing board a little longer.

If this is a new item, I'd proceed with caution.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

subversiveproductions

well, i picked it up, and as of now, knock on wood, it works fantastic.  no tracking problems, and its nice and light, should work great as a deck and field monitor.
www.bloodlessriot.blogspot.com
let me pour my heart out to you strangers.

www.anewnothing.com
smile from ear to blood-dripping ear