This place is BIPOLAR.

Started by Stefen, July 31, 2008, 10:27:58 AM

Chest Rockwell

Maybe the problem is that you only discover cinema once. When I first started here I was like 15 or 16 years old, I had just seen Mulholland Dr. and Magnolia and my eyes were opened to a whole new art form. As Gamblour said, this place was what led me to a lot of good, classic and smaller movies and sort of defined my taste as I first started watching movies passionately. That was also in highschool when I had no one to talk about movies with other than this forum; now that I'm in college it seems a lot of my friends have caught up and now I talk about this shit with them. I still look at the Now Playing thread as well as Idle Chatter and the Art Gallery, but yea, I hardly ever look through the actual movie forums here anymore.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

We need p back. Or we need to do some serious recruiting and get some new blood into the fold.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

©brad

Quote from: FrunLg on December 08, 2008, 10:24:12 PM
THE SUN SHONE, HAVING NO ALTERNATIVE ON THE NOTHING NEW.

TWO KINDS OF CINEMA: BRAIN AND BODY.
KUBRICK THE FORMER, GODARD THE LATTER. WHO CARES.

yeah. new blood is exactly what we need.  :yabbse-undecided:

mogwai

Pas

I'll tell you what we need

I came here to talk about Cobra Verde, a Herzog film I just saw. How the fuck am I to find any herzog or Cobra Verde thread in here.

Give us search back dammit, if we can't afford it just put up a god damned ad somewhere

MacGuffin

Quote from: Pas Rap on December 28, 2008, 07:42:30 PM
I'll tell you what we need

I came here to talk about Cobra Verde, a Herzog film I just saw. How the fuck am I to find any herzog or Cobra Verde thread in here.

Give us search back dammit, if we can't afford it just put up a god damned ad somewhere

We're stuck for a couple more months with this server. The plan when the contact is up is to switch servers and reactivate the Search.

Until then, here's your Herzog:

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=8401.0
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

PM MacGuffin = search function.

GodDamnImDaMan

what this place needs is some good ol' fashion, GodDamnImDaMan action.

Who's with me?!?!?
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

GDIDM...

...I will shoplift your pootie!

Skeleton FilmWorks

GodDamnImDaMan

Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Kal

MacGuffin

GDIDM...

Show me the poo-nanny!

Skeleton FilmWorks