NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

atticus jones

Quote from: Pubrick on January 15, 2007, 05:24:23 AM
Quote from: atticus jones on January 15, 2007, 03:05:45 AM
off topic...did i lose sumtheng n here?...a "youre a loser" thread purrhaps...whu kilt my reesurch nqueery?
ironic huh.;

mo like moronic duh.;
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Chest Rockwell

Well I finally caved in and decided to buy a DS Lite, but now I can't even find one. Nowhere in America seems to have one.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on January 17, 2007, 05:07:46 PM
Well I finally caved in and decided to buy a DS Lite, but now I can't even find one. Nowhere in America seems to have one.

tell me about it... I decided I would just get one of these while I wait for the Wii to come out, but no one has them.

context, context, context.

Chest Rockwell

I was able to get a hold of a super-sexy white DS Lite at Sears today, by some stroke of luck. Lovin' it.

Games I have so far:
Elite Beat Agents
Advanced Wars: Dual Strike
Trace Memory
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (I guess stores have been getting a few in light of JFA's release)
Metroid Prime: Hunters

I'm eyeing Hotel Dusk, but I think I'll wait til I see some reviews/opinions. I also still need to get MarioKart DS, but haven't found a decent used copy. I'll never buy one of those boxless-manualess used copies....unless it's something incredibly hard to find like Electroplankton, which I've decided I want to get but not at the $80 eBay price.

By the way, if you're looking for one, call all the Sears stores around you because both that I called received small shipments of Lites on Saturday. Might just be this area, though.

RegularKarate

Seems there are more DSs about.  There were five at the Walmart the other day.
Since I can't really afford to get that AND the Wii right now, I'm holding out for a Wii, but it's not looking too good.

I had a plan of attack this morning since I knew there were going to be some in town, but there was a wrench tossed in because I headed to Best Buy first... half an hour early so I could get in line before they opened (11), what they failed to report in the Ad or online was that they decided to randomly open an hour early and I therefore missed out on all the Wiis.  This screwed me for getting all the others too because starting there meant I missed them at Circuit City too.

I'm just hoping that I'll find one tomorrow at EB games... they probably won't get but one or two and they have no idea when they'll be getting them and I have to work so it's not very likely, but I'll give it a shot.

Pubrick

how come no one has mentioned this? it happened over a week ago:

Woman Dies After Wii Competition
source: theregister.co.uk

A mother of three died from water intoxication after a radio station drinking competition, a California coroner said on Saturday. Jennifer Strange, 28, competed in Sacramento station KDND 107.9's "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest to try to win Nintendo's console for her children.

Contestants were handed half-pint bottles of water to drink every 15 minutes for the first hour, and then larger bottles to up the ante.

Laura Rios, Strange's colleague at Radiological Associates of Sacramento, said: "She said to one of our supervisors that she was on her way home and her head was hurting her real bad. She was crying and that was the last that anyone had heard from her." Her body was discovered at her home on Friday, Associated Press reports.

Assistant coroner Ed Smith said preliminary evidence revealed evidence "consistent with a water intoxication death".

The winner was the last contestant to go to the toilet. Fellow contestant James Ybarra said: "They were small little half-pint bottles, so we thought it was going to be easy. They told us if you don't feel like you can do this, don't put your health at risk."

John Geary, vice president and marketing manager for Entercom Sacramento, the station's owner, said station staff were "stunned" at the tragedy. He said: "We are awaiting information that will help explain how this tragic event occurred."

Healthy kidneys are able to excrete about 1 to 1.5 litres of water per hour. Problems occur at greater volumes when the narrow range of salt concentrations they must maintain are upset. Commonly, water intoxication causes death by lowering the concentration of sodium in the blood to a dangerous level, causing cells to rupture as water swells them by osmosis.

there's heaps of sources but i couldn't find any article that covered everything, so the remaining details are that 10 ppl were fired from the station and that she didn't win. i don't know why they don't mention that she didn't win. it just rams home how pointless the whole thing was. those kids are gonna be messed up.

here's an msnbc page with video featuring two sort of attractive women talking about the accident.
under the paving stones.

Raikus

Proposed title change: NEON MERCURY's +Nintendo+ thread - where housewives die of water poisoning
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Pubrick on January 23, 2007, 07:34:57 AM
how come no one has mentioned this? it happened over a week ago
Too soon...  :yabbse-sad:

Anyone picking up Hotel Dusk for DS?

Reviews:
Go Nintendo (9.2): http://gonintendo.com/?p=12083
1up (8.2): http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3156627
GameRankings (83% currently): http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/933043.asp

Pubrick

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on January 23, 2007, 12:30:22 PM
Anyone picking up Hotel Dusk for DS?

i doubt it. i think i'll buy a book and a jigsaw puzzle instead. Phoenix Wright was already pushing it for my liking in terms of how much is really required of the player. those reviews and others i've looked up have all noted the passive gameplay of this. it's not something that i could justify paying for..
under the paving stones.

Fernando

Wierd, for a second you ereased the entire thread and the above was the only post, or so it looked like that in the Idle Chatter menu, then I clicked and here it is.

Pubrick

Quote from: Fernando on January 25, 2007, 11:07:22 AM
Wierd, for a second you ereased the entire thread and the above was the only post, or so it looked like that in the Idle Chatter menu, then I clicked and here it is.
what i do to change the title is i split the last post and then merge it back with the original thread, so the new customized title appears in every post. what you saw was the single split post that was to be merged back, the original thread was still there lower in the list.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

So, boys and girls, after a couple months of hunting around, I finally just took a half day and stood in the cold rain waiting for EB games to open, then hung out inside there for four hours for the UPS truck to come and I am FINALLY the proud owner of a Nintendo Wii.

Got Zelda, yes.

Now I have to wait a few months until I can get a DS, but I plan on it eventually.

Raikus

Cool. I got my Wii today to. But I kind of just ducked into a Target on a whim and bought the first of their newly placed (he said they put them out 4 minutes before I got there) Wiis.

I'm going to try Sports for a while and then pick up Zelda and Marvel Alliance.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.