Peter Stormare

Started by Stefen, February 24, 2004, 02:03:09 AM

Stefen

This guy. This guy, man. One of my faves. Dancer In The Dark, Fargo, Minority Report, this guy never phones it in. What do you peeps think of this kool kat?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

classical gas

I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about, but who was he in "Minority Report"?  I guess I don't remember that film as much as the other two...

Stefen

Quote from: classical gasI'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about, but who was he in "Minority Report"?  I guess I don't remember that film as much as the other two...

He was the crazy optometrist.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

classical gas

oh, okay.  yeah, he's a great actor.  i've probably seen him in more films that i can even remeber.  so has he completely crossed over to american cinema?

Stefen

Quote from: classical gasoh, okay.  yeah, he's a great actor.  i've probably seen him in more films that i can even remeber.  so has he completely crossed over to american cinema?

I wouldn't really say crossed over. He gets alot of work. Michael Bay has used him in armageddon and bad boys II, maybe more. He's so much better than that. I first noticed him in fargo and kept watching him. I think he was in the big lewbowki also. So he seems to be liked by directors since alot of them use him all the time.

Pubrick

Quote from: classical gasi've probably seen him in more films that i can even remeber.
like one of the nihilists in big lebowski.

he plays good crazy,.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Quote from: P
Quote from: classical gasi've probably seen him in more films that i can even remeber.
like one of the nihilists in big lebowski.

he plays good crazy,.

Yeah, he does play good crazy, definetely agreed. But Dancer In The Dark he was completely sweet and almost child like. I dug that. He seems almost dumb in the way he moves and looks, but watching him in movies is an f'in treat.

classical gas

yep.  i didn't remember him in that movie either.
and i didnt' mean 'crossing over' as a good thing.

SmellyBoobFungus

his character in fargo just cracks me up. i love the way he smokes in fargo too, it always gets me.
Guy with spoon: My spoon is too big. My spoon is too big. My spoon is too big.
Banana: I am a banana!

Rejected

phil marlowe

peter likes his blueberry pancakes...

but seriously, if you like him...then this is a must:

imagine james bond mixed with his character in fargo

SmellyBoobFungus

Guy with spoon: My spoon is too big. My spoon is too big. My spoon is too big.
Banana: I am a banana!

Rejected

godardian

I like this actor quite a lot.

I remember Michael Stipe saying Stormare was his #1 celebrity crush (with, presumably, Courtney Love in a close second- yeah, it was around then, probably 1998 or so).
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

El Duderino

he's such a badass in fargo.  and he smokes like a badass.....one of things that got me to try smoking.. him in fargo, michael madsen in reservoir dogs and sam jackson in jackie brown.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

meatwad

Quote from: El Duderinoone of things that got me to try smoking.. him in fargo, michael madsen in reservoir dogs and sam jackson in jackie brown.

this is sad

El Duderino

sad indeed.....but so so true
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?