GS Project Thread: Summer Project Ideas

Started by Gold Trumpet, February 12, 2005, 11:28:18 AM

ono

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI still haven't heard whether Ono wants to committ or not.
You can count me in for Million Dollar Baby.  I've written one review, almost 600 words, for a campus publication.  I'd like to do something deeper, a more critical essay (even though Eastwood himself has said he doesn't really think too much about his own films) but like I said, I'd have to see the film again.  How long are we aiming for?  I could write pages.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: ono mo cuishle
Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI still haven't heard whether Ono wants to committ or not.
You can count me in for Million Dollar Baby.  I've written one review, almost 600 words, for a campus publication.  I'd like to do something deeper, a more critical essay (even though Eastwood himself has said he doesn't really think too much about his own films) but like I said, I'd have to see the film again.  How long are we aiming for?  I could write pages.

Length is up to the beholder. Go as nuts as you want to. Deadline for submission is March 11th though.

cine

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet
Quote from: ono mo cuishleHow long are we aiming for?  I could write pages.
Length is up to the beholder. Go as nuts as you want to.
ohhh boy.. :roll:

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Cinephile

What? You were actually planning to read all of these?

samsong

I'd love to write one for The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou or Before Sunset

Pubrick

Quote from: Cinephile

What? You were actually planning to read all of these?
i only hav one simple request (to all reviewers):

-be creative, if u hav nothing insightful to say about the movie u hav chosen, abandon the project. no one wants to hear how good the "directing" was. it's the most meaningless fucking thing anyone could ever say about a movie.
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

As it stands, this is what I got so far:

JB - Dogville
Shaftr - Collateral
Ghostboy - Before Sunset
Myself - The Incredibles
Film Student - The Dreamers
Myxomatosis - Sideways
samsong - The Life Aquatic
ono - Million Dollar Baby
themodernage - Shaun of the Dead

and finally, a staggering [un]endorsement of Garden State by Stefen.

If anyone has any problems with being listed next to a certain film, being just listed or not being listed, let me know. Changes can always be made and even though we are trying to get as much diversity as possible, if you are hell bent to review a film already listed, you can do that too.

REMEMBER: DEADLINE FOR SUMBISSION IS MARCH 11TH.

(we're trying to get all these articles to appear at the same time)

And considering this is a themed series of articles titled "In Defense Of...", general recommended title will go as this example:

TITLE  -                    
The Manufactured Dream
In Defense Of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Fernando

Quote from: Pubrick
<------  i only hav one simple request :

You should do EWS, FMJ or The Shining.

ono

mutinyco's already written a great essay on Eyes Wide Shut I doubt anyone could top, but the other two would be great.

Gold Trumpet

REMINDER TO EVERYONE:

Deadline is approaching quickly. March 11th is this friday. A reminder PM should hit in the next 24 hours. Hopefully everyone can still make it but if anyone feels they won't be able to, no harsh feelings.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

life_boy

Quote from: The Gold Trumpetand finally, a staggering [un]endorsement of Garden State by Stefen.

The Grass is Always Greener
In Offense to Garden State

Myxo

Alexandro

since no one else is doing it, i'm up for the aviator

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Alexandrosince no one else is doing it, i'm up for the aviator

Its yours if you want it, but they are due Friday. May be a little too short of notice for you.