Wrong Turn

Started by Keener, June 02, 2003, 12:26:12 AM

Keener

Anyone seen it yet ? I'm thinking about seeing it tommorow but it looks like it could very easily suck.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

Banky

yeah i saw it.  The first half of the movie is promising.  Good 80's style cliches.  Really fuckin hot girls as the leads.  But the 2nd half of the very short movie is no good.  The plot doesnt really go anywhere and the climax isnt even exciting.  I would watch but wait till video.  You have to check out EMMANUELLE CHRIQUI she is smoking.

cowboykurtis

this looks like it could be worse than jeepers creepers -- and thats very hard to do.
...your excuses are your own...

Keener

Ah, it sucked. Very dissapointing. And I hate "hot" girls. They're nothing but makeup and bones.
Alabama Film Forum

Raikus

:evil: Don't ever talk bad about the Dushku! What shameful behavior.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Keener

She sucks. Of all the bad acting in the movie, she was by far the worst. Mainly because she paraded around like she was the best. Such arrogance and ignorance.
Alabama Film Forum

bonanzataz

that's what i love about the douche...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Banky

Quote from: KeenerAh, it sucked. Very dissapointing. And I hate "hot" girls. They're nothing but makeup and bones.

What the hell do you think Cheesy slasher flicks are based around?

Keener

Oh, I totally agree. I mean "hot" girls outside horror movies.
Alabama Film Forum

SHAFTR

I love Eliza Dushku...and that maybe the only reason I'd go see this movie.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

MacGuffin

This film reminded me a lot of the "Home" episode from "X-Files." A lot of potential went to waste; there was a good premise and it had some fun/creepy villains, but the problem was the direction and editing. All suspense was lacking. The opening, pre-credit 'kill' could have been a lot tenser. And it throws in some cliche fake scares that just do more harm than good. And the kicker was a incredibly annoying character that you just can't wait to see get the 'axe' - pun intended.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

That 'Home' episode was probably the creepiest episode EVER (although I haven't seen them all, so I may be wrong). Anyway, I thought Wrong Turn sucked quite a bit. Desmond Harrington seems like a good actor, and Jeremy Sisto has been good, but both of the female leads were totally annoying. I used to like Eliza Dushku, when she first showed up on Buffy, but whoever said she exudes arrogance is spot on. It gets old. And anyway, what's with these horror movies with these 80s style horror movies with almost no gore and no nudity?

SHAFTR

Quote from: GhostboyAnd anyway, what's with these horror movies with these 80s style horror movies with almost no gore and no nudity?

I agree, whats the point?  It is like when they have the Friday the 13th marathons on TNT...without the gore and nudity, the premise of the film is lost.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Banky

I read somwhere that Wrong Turn was trying to be an omage to the 70/early eighties horror flicks.  The first 30 min were promising.  The two who have sex and smoke pot get killed with some good looking gore.  But i reaaly wish these movies would just show some nudity to at least complete the package.  2nd and 3rd act sucked.  The one lead girl not Dushku was ridiculously hot.

polkablues

Quote from: cowboykurtisthis looks like it could be worse than jeepers creepers -- and thats very hard to do.

Well, it wasn't even a tenth as bad as "Jeepers Creepers", though the climax was so boringly predictable it could have come from that movie.  I wish Jeremy Sisto's character had lived longer; the guy's way too underused.  All in all I thought it wasn't too bad.
My house, my rules, my coffee