[proposal: xixax collective story.]

Started by cron, April 25, 2004, 01:27:58 PM

Has it every been tried before? It'd be interesting to form a story between all of us.  I'm not starting it because I want to hear opinions first, but my idea is  , for example,  some one  starting a paragraph, and ending it when he considers  it necessary.

So... opinions?
context, context, context.

El Duderino

i'm all for it......but i dont want to start either
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Quote from: El Duderinoi'm all for it......but i dont want to start either

I'm not saying I won't start it,  I just want to see (lots of) opinions , sugestions and if there's greenlight,  we could build  the skeleton of the story , work on it, take out stuff . Sort of like a Wikipedia.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Don't waste your time.  It's been tried several times before and som jerk will post on it saying "The End" early on.

They'll kill it and it will ruin your day.

Best of luck, though.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mogwai

^

how's that for ruining a thread? have i ruined your day now?

go away and sob now.

rustinglass

I'll do it if it's a well thought out plan.
But I can't promise a lot of dedication.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobDon't waste your time.  It's been tried several times before and som jerk will post on it saying "The End" early on.

They'll kill it and it will ruin your day.

Best of luck, though.

The only thing I'll ask for is seriousness.  Without wanting to sound hostile, if you don't want to commit , just ignore this.

Quote from: rustinglassI'll do it if it's a well thought out plan.
But I can't promise a lot of dedication.

Well, start shooting ideas!!

Jeremy Blackman

I'd like to participate, if this happens.

I could also make sure nobody kills the thread prematurely.

rustinglass

we need to limit the number of characters, otherwise it will get confusing.
if you're going to kill a character, you have to give a very good explanation that has to be accepted by the others.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: rustinglassif you're going to kill a character, you have to give a very good explanation that has to be accepted by the others.
Shouldn't it be a spontaneous thing, though? Where would there be room for conferring or explanation?

How about a rule that says if you kill a character you have to make a new one?

Quote from: rustinglasswe need to limit the number of characters, otherwise it will get confusing.
if you're going to kill a character, you have to give a very good explanation that has to be accepted by the others.

fair enough.  it would also be nice if we got into debates on specific moments of the story; if something isn't working or doesn't feels right, we could join the chat and discuss it for a while.

i sincerely hope this won't die yet.

oh, and another thing we have to put a limit on  is the number of people involved. so, JB's in, Rusting, Duderino, and me so far.

SHAFTR

i'd like to try.  I've never tried writing fiction before, well some short scripts, but not much.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Quote from: SHAFTRi'd like to try.  I've never tried writing fiction before, well some short scripts, but not much.

neither have I.  :yabbse-thumbup: :yabbse-thumbup:

ono

How would you handle things like people potentially posting at the same time?  Would there be a set order in which for people to go?

Quote from: OnomatopitaHow would you handle things like people potentially posting at the same time?  Would there be a set order in which for people to go?

Hmm,  I doubt that'll ever happen but if it does, the two people that posted could decide which story should be chosen or if they want to make an amalgam of both. Terrible suggestion....

I think a deadline would work better.  We can schedule things , to avoid that.