sigur ros & mogwai

Started by abbey road, May 20, 2003, 11:21:23 AM

Sigur Rós

Check out Apparat Organ Quartet, Luke and Opiate

Newtron

Quote from: mogwaiAmazing, very reclusive, sweet voice, swedish... yeah.
Yes she's very odd, but very good, and hot, and is there any person you haven't heard of?

Also, that picture of Mum is just of Kristin and Gyða, one of whom has now left the group. Anyway, they're awesome, make me wanna go swimming.

Newtron

I agree they are pretty good. This whole genre between ambient and dreampop is amazing.

Other bands that are like those mentioned are: Dntel, Lali Puna, Autechre, Tristeza hasn't been mentioned, Styrofoam.

Autechre would lead into Mouse on Mars, Opiate, Squarepusher, etc.

IT'S ALL GOOD.

Dirk

Quote from: MeshGive Kinski a shot.  Their new album (just out on Sub Pop) plays with a handful of post-rock styles: everything from Mogwai to Tortoise to Godspeed to Sonic Youth.  Decent record.

I was checking out some Kinski reviews and stumbled upon this hilarious review:"'rhode island freakout' is rock. it is so rock it hurts. i threw up 3 times in 2 minutes, and then i jumped out of my second story apartment window. when i got out of the hospital 2 days later, i came home and put it on again. i took a pair of sewing scissors, and i stabbed my forearm til there was nothing left but some tendons. i'm typing this one word at a time, looking for the keys with my left index finger. but i don't care. and i'm scared to rock out again. but i will. kinski never ever ever stops the rock. and neither will i."
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

aclockworkjj

the hell happen to the other Mogwai thread????? (as that would explain a lot as of recent) why was it nixed????

Edit:...still waiting on this, or was I the only one that noticed it was gone?..shit, I just wanted the link to the damn tour dates...

...please do inform.

aclockworkjj

so no answers huh?...I am not gonna get crazy, but seriously, what is going on around here?  where is this?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

aclockworkjj

pretty much sums it up I guess.  well, will someone post the tour dates...or at least tell me where to find them?

or you guys can just pretend like I don't know what I am talkin' about again....seriously, what the hell is the deal?....someone is shady....you guys need to be better informed, but instead, just threaten to ban me.  Mikey, PM me...we need to have a talk.

frylock

mogwai.co.uk gives there tour dates

speaking of which i am seeing mogwai this month!

if you like mogwai you might like dirty three.

Dirk

Quote from: frylockmogwai.co.uk gives there tour dates

speaking of which i am seeing mogwai this month!

if you like mogwai you might like dirty three.

Me too. I'll be there in Montreal on the 3rd. You?
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

frylock

aclockworkjj

ok...Mogwai is in town tonight...and I am not going.  I am pissed off, please don't rub it in.  I am not going cause I decided I needed to get 4 new tires for my dirty whore of a car.  So I can't justify the funds.

...but while waiting for my car to get done, I picked up a Maxim mag (I know, I know...but it was either that or some dirttrail 4-wheelin' hotrod mag).  It was an older issue (also had an interview w/ Trista bachlorette....lame, but wow she's hot) and in the music section the was a review of hail to the thief.  Now...along with it...they recommended Sigur Ros, Mogwai, and some other band I had never heard....

What's the other band in this article, as I have completely forgot what I was tryin' to force myself to remember as soon as I got home?...and are they any good??...and why did I get sorta pissed when I saw these great bands mentioned in Meatxim??

ps. I know there are to be someone who reads this magazine here.  Come Clean!!!

Ghostboy

Despite the crappiness of Maxim, their music editors have proven to be remarkably cool. This extends to Maxim Blender, which is a remarkably good music magazine, once you get past whatever pop starlet is posed alluringly on the cover (not that I'm complaining about that, of course).

That said, I cannot answer your question. But I'd be interested to know what that band is...

aclockworkjj

Quote from: GhostboyMaxim Blender
yeah, this kid I work with gets that, and I steal it from him when in need of a ...ummm, bathroom read.  I didn't realize that was a Maxim creation, but can easily see it now.  I had never seen this mag until my bud brought it in.  He swears by it, being a 800+ CD collection total music freak himself, and I have come to like it as well.  Great bathroom read.

Dirk

I read that one and the other band they suggested, I also do not remember. But I do remember that it wasn't that good a band. Hope that helps, although it probably didn't.