Dirs NOT to add

Started by Tiff, January 08, 2003, 06:53:42 PM

Ernie

Quote from: cbrad4d
Quote from: ebeaman69Yeah, fuck Ratner and Peter Jackson (who is better than Ratner but still sucky)...and Todd Solondz too, I'm back to hating him now. Storytelling and Happiness are horrible movies and WTTD isn't that good after a replay or two either. If any of those 3 bastards are added, I'll eat my freaking hat. Don't add any of these guys....

-brett ratner
-james cameron
-joel schumacher
-larry clark
-michael bay
-oliver stone
-peter jackson
-ron howard
-todd solondz

you made a powerful enemy today my friend.

Lol!

You may not want to do that. I'm crazy man. I could snap.

EL__SCORCHO

Don't add Kevin Smith.

Spike

Peter Jackson, Oliver Sone, Larry Clark and James Cameron are fucking great!!!
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

Raikus

Quote from: RegularKarateDead Alive is one of the best movies of it's kind

What a forgettable movie. Can you name me even one character from that film?
and yes, sarcasm is very evident in this post. My feelings for Dead Alive and PJ can be summed up in my avatar
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Pubrick

Quote from: SpikePeter Jackson, Oliver Sone, Larry Clark and James Cameron are fucking great!!!
totally.

glad to see the kids of germany are not as stupid as the kids of america.
under the paving stones.

Ernie

Quote from: [P]
Quote from: SpikePeter Jackson, Oliver Sone, Larry Clark and James Cameron are fucking great!!!
totally.

Oh yeah, cause you have to be a genius to like Larry Clark and James Cameron's films...they are just so fucking complex. I mean, just look at any of Clark's films: naked young girls, profanity, and...naked young girls...ummm, yeah. Try to understand that and then do my math homework.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: ebeaman69
Quote from: [P]
totally.

Oh yeah, cause you have to be a genius to like Larry Clark and James Cameron's films...they are just so fucking complex. I mean, just look at any of Clark's films: naked young girls, profanity, and...naked young girls...ummm, yeah. Try to understand that and then do my math homework.

actually, naked young girls are complex  -- you have to be pretty smart to figure them out...
...your excuses are your own...

SoNowThen

Yep, I agree completely with ebeaman, Larry Clark is awful. I saw that movie Another Day In Paradise... I mean, I really enjoy James Woods, but that was just dreck!! Tried to be harsh like Scorsese a la Taxi Driver, tried to be hip like Tarantino a la Pulp Fiction. Was neither. Just plain sucked.

I don't have any problem with Stone or Jackson or Cameron, though. I think Stone and Cameron are a bit overrated, but they've both made their share of fine films. I think JFK alone warrants Stone's greatness.

But Clark... I don't get it. I like the whole nude chicks thing as much as the next guy, but his films look like ten dollar weekend shoots by some perverted hack with a zero attention span. Hmm.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: SoNowThenI don't have any problem with Stone or Jackson or Cameron, though. I think Stone and Cameron are a bit overrated, but they've both made their share of fine films. .

stone deserves all the credit he gets. hes not overrated what so ever. im not even a huge fan of his films, but i in no way denounce his brilliance as a director. i think hes one of the few modern directors that has a destinct "body" of work --  he has stuck to his guns and developed a unique style all his own -- which is MUCH easier said than done. i think theres a lot to be said about a director who gets pictures made under HIS terms -- he's as close to fitting the "autuer" mold as one can get.

SoNowThen

yep yep yep, no burn on Stone whatsoever. Just mean to say he's not an essential director for me. Except JFK, like I said. But I agree, he must be given credit.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

©brad

Quote from: ebeaman69

its not so much a question of intelligence rather a question of good taste.

Quote from: coyboycurtis
stone deserves all the credit he gets. hes not overrated what so ever. im not even a huge fan of his films, but i in no way denounce his brilliance as a director. i think hes one of the few modern directors that has a destinct "body" of work -- he has stuck to his guns and developed a unique style all his own -- which is MUCH easier said than done. i think theres a lot to be said about a director who gets pictures made under HIS terms -- he's as close to fitting the "autuer" mold as one can get.

coyboy i think you're becoming my new best friend.  :)

cowboykurtis

Pubrick

Quote from: ebeamanOh yeah, cause you have to be a genius to like Larry Clark and James Cameron's films...they are just so fucking complex. I mean, just look at any of Clark's films: naked young girls, profanity, and...naked young girls...ummm, yeah. Try to understand that and then do my math homework.
hey 69, u don't mind me calling u by ur last name, right, 69?

cya later 69.
under the paving stones.

Sleuth

hahaha like sex, right? hahaha
I like to hug dogs

Ernie

Quote from: _|P|_
Quote from: ebeamanOh yeah, cause you have to be a genius to like Larry Clark and James Cameron's films...they are just so fucking complex. I mean, just look at any of Clark's films: naked young girls, profanity, and...naked young girls...ummm, yeah. Try to understand that and then do my math homework.
hey 69, u don't mind me calling u by ur last name, right, 69?

cya later 69.

Lol, he just got all pissed and snippy cause I hate james cameron and larry clark...haha...alright, good times.  :)