SNL: Best of Will Ferrel

Started by Banky, September 07, 2003, 11:01:04 PM

tpfkabi

how many WF skits end with him eating flesh (an arm maybe) and blood all over his face? i'm almost positive there's more than one.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Banky

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Ferrell Hits the Beach

Alex Gregory and Peter Huyck have been hired by Columbia Pictures to pen the script to Bronze God, a potential comedic starring vehicle for funnyman Will Ferrell. Jimmy Miller and Julie Darmody will be producing the project through Miller's Gold/Miller production shingle.

Initially set up as a pitch, Bronze is an true underdog story about a professional lifeguard who gets to live out his lifelong dream when he secures one of the wildcard entries in a professional beach volleyball tournament.

At Columbia, the studio for which Ferrell recently shot Bewitched, Jonathan Kadin and Matt Tolmach will oversee the project's development and production.

Bronze God will be the first feature assignment for Gregory and Huyck, whose credits include Frasier and The Larry Sanders Show. In addition, the pair is developing Back to Reality, a single-camera series for ABC that will be shot to look like a reality series.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

How many True Underdog stories do we need?

Myxo

Busy little bee, isn't he?

A Confederacy of Dunces (2005) (in production) .... Ignatius J. Reilly
Joan of Bark: The Dog that Saved France (2006) (announced)
Talladega Nights (2006) (announced) .... Ricky Bobby
Tenacious D in: The Pick of Destiny (2005) (announced) .... Music Shop Dude
The Producers (2005) (pre-production) .... Franz Liebkind
Curious George (2006) (filming) (voice) .... The Man in the Yellow Hat
Bewitched (2005) (post-production) .... Jack Wyatt/Darrin Stephens
Kicking & Screaming (2005) (post-production) .... Phil Weston
The Wedding Crashers (2005) (post-production) .... Chaz
The Wendell Baker Story (2004) (post-production)
Winter Passing (2004) (completed) .... Corbit

modage

hollywood executive: QUICK!  He's hot now!  Let's put him in 10 movies a year till we wear him out like Ben Stiller and he's not funny anymore!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

anyone heard much about the Wendell Baker story?
i think i read somewhere that the early screenings didn't go too well.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Ferrell Going Back in Time for Universal's 'Lost'

After playing an elf and an anchorman on the big screen, Will Ferrell is venturing into "Land of the Lost" for Universal.

The "Saturday Night Live" alumnus is attached to star in a "Land of the Lost" comedy feature based on the 1974-77 television series of the same name.

Universal acquired the feature rights from Sid and Marty Krofft, executive producers of the original NBC series, who will produce the feature for the studio. Jimmy Miller and Julie Wixson-Darmody also will produce via the Mosaic Media Group banner.

Adam McKay, a former "SNL" writer who directed Ferrell in "Anchorman," is attached to direct, with Chris Henchy and Dennis McNicholas signing on to adapt the screenplay.

The series revolved around forest ranger Rick Marshall and his children, Will and Holly, who are caught in a time vortex while rafting on the Colorado River and transported to a mysterious world populated by dinosaurs. The feature film will be an update of the series, which is due out on DVD this month.

Ferrell, currently onscreen in Woody Allen's "Melinda and Melinda," will next be seen in Universal's comedy "Kicking & Screaming" and will star opposite Nicole Kidman in this summer's "Bewitched." He is playing Franz Liebkind in the film version of Mel Brooks' Broadway hit "The Producers" to be released domestically by Universal on Dec. 21.

The Kroffts are behind such TV projects as "Lidsville, "The Bay City Rollers Show," "The Brady Bunch Hour," "Donny and Marie," "Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters" and "H.R. Pufnstuf," which Universal also made into a feature film.

Henchy has written for numerous television series, including "Spin City" and "Entourage," and was the creator of the series "Battery Park" and "I'm With Her." McNicholas formerly was a head writer on "SNL" and is writing the feature film "The Party," with Jay Roach attached to direct.

McKay, who co-wrote "Anchorman" with Ferrell and did a rewrite on "Bewitched," is directing the action-comedy feature "Talladega Nights," which he will co-write with Ferrell.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Quote from: onomataviva...there's a Nascar craze now?

Crew of four on fast track to Ferrell film
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Sacha Baron Cohen, John C. Reilly, Michael Clarke Duncan and Gary Cole have signed on to star in the untitled Will Ferrell NASCAR comedy for Columbia Pictures.

Ferrell ("Bewitched") plays Ricky Bobby, a world-class race car driver and fan favorite. Cohen, hot off the success of his HBO comedy series "Da Ali G Show," will play Jean Girard, who comes to the U.S. to conquer NASCAR and defeat Ferrell.

Reilly, who is filming Robert Altman's "A Prairie Home Companion," will play Cal Naughton, Ferrell's boyhood friend who together with Ferrell forms "Thunder & Lightning," the most feared racing duo in NASCAR.

Duncan will play Lucius Washington, a crew chief whose main job is to harness Ferrell's go-for-broke attitude and keep him from crashing. Cole will play Reese Bobby, Ferrell's estranged father who re-enters his life to help him return to the top of the racing world.

Adam McKay is directing from a script he wrote with Ferrell. Production is scheduled to begin next month, with a summer 2006 release date scheduled.

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

Quote from: MacGuffin
Sacha Baron Cohen, John C. Reilly, Michael Clarke Duncan and Gary Cole have signed on to star in the untitled Will Ferrell NASCAR comedy for Columbia Pictures.

that combo right there warrants a major whatthefuck?!

modage

awesome.  man i caught a few minutes of anchorman on tv today and its really funny.  its amazing to me though how they saved the movie by losing that crazy storyline about terrorists and just ended it with the bears.  like, thats amazing.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Quote from: Hedwig
Quote from: MacGuffin

that combo right there warrants a major whatthefuck?!

On one hand it has SBC, JCR, MCD, and Will Ferrell.  OTOH, NASCAR.

I'm torn.

Ghostboy

Just mentioning Nascar is enough to bore me to tears, but the idea of John C. and Will Ferrell on a TEAM together - a team of any sort - is just beautiful.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: GhostboyJust mentioning Nascar is enough to bore me to tears,
Maybe it will be played as a satire....:crosing fingers:...probably not though
:cry:
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection