SNL: Best of Will Ferrel

Started by Banky, September 07, 2003, 11:01:04 PM

ono

Seems like this is the best place to put this.  It's a little sketch Ferrell did as Dubya.  Don't remember if it's been posted yet.

Ravi

This DVD is missing some good sketches like some of the fake commercials and Robert Goulet with Jay-Z as well as others I can't remember right now.  The Blue Oyster Cult sketch is not quite as funny as I remember it, but I have seen it many times, so perhaps it isn't fair.  But I still find the two "lovahs" to be hilarious.

Does anyone else loathe the Spartan cheerleaders sketches?

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Ravi
Does anyone else loathe the Spartan cheerleaders sketches?
Me!...
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Alethia

WHAT?!?!  i fucking ADORE the cheerleaders sketches!!!

Ravi

Don't know if this has been posted yet...

September 7th.

Alethia

The Perineum Falcon

Septembre's looking better and better and I'm looking poorer and poorer.
Can't wait!
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Fernando

Quote from: ewardWHAT?!?!  i fucking ADORE the cheerleaders sketches!!!

Best I've seen is the one with David Duchovny.

Sleuth

the only time I liked one of those was when Will Ferrell said, "My name is Craig/ I did drugs once"
I like to hug dogs

subversiveproductions

This may be in the wrong thread, but someone, please, for the love of god, someone, tell me: can it be true?  A Confederacy of Dunces movie?  And with Will Ferrell?  I will rent my asshole to prison inmates if it will help the financing.
www.bloodlessriot.blogspot.com
let me pour my heart out to you strangers.

www.anewnothing.com
smile from ear to blood-dripping ear

MacGuffin

Quote from: subversiveproductionsThis may be in the wrong thread, but someone, please, for the love of god, someone, tell me: can it be true?  A Confederacy of Dunces movie?  And with Will Ferrell?  I will rent my asshole to prison inmates if it will help the financing.

Mid-way down thread:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?p=66898#66898
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Earlier tonight, I was watching the Best of Will Ferrell Vol. 2, and one of the funniest sketches I've seen him do has to be Wake Up and Smile.  Will Ferrell and Nancy Walls co-host a morning talk show.  David Alan Grier (host that week) does the weather.  The teleprompter goes out and they just go INSANE.  The cheesy music, the ineptness, the cuts to fake commercials for Dumongela spread and sitcoms where Jim Breuer just can't get the pots back on the shelf.  And the ending is priceless.  Transcript here (commercials omitted), but definitely worth seeing if you can get it.

Gamblour.

I know the one you are talking about....that sketch is fucking brilliant, and yes the ending is hilarious.

One of my favorite Will Ferrell sketches is one they never showed, they were doing an E! behind the scenes look at SNL and they were showing sketches in rehearsal that didn't make it to the actual show. This one had Ferrell as a bearologist and a woman is in his lab. For some reason, he says to the bear in the cage (clearly a guy in a suit), "Kill her!" So the bear runs up to her, grabs a gun off the table and shoots her! It's fucking hilarious.
WWPTAD?

Ravi

I like the sketch with Will Ferrell as the asshole boss who stabs one of his employees with his own trident.

cine

Quote from: RaviI like the sketch with Will Ferrell as the asshole boss who stabs one of his employees with his own trident.
Seriously, thats like his most underrated sketch, based on all the people I rave about that to.

Mr. Tarkanian was hilarious.