Kill Bill: Volume Two

Started by MacGuffin, September 24, 2003, 01:38:09 AM

©brad

Quote from: in the interview quentinIt's always fun to be in love with someone else's movie; I'd rather talk about other people's movies than mine.

okay this one i don't buy, but good interview nonetheless.

okay, anyone who is in the athens/atlanta area, i'm throwing a kill bill party- keg, hot sorority girls cooking steaks, a big big big screen w/ super duper surround sound. should be dope. stop by if u want.

rustinglass

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet

Tarantino owns the rights to this special edition? Someone jump on his ass to send it to Criterion!

not good for us "region2" folks.

I'm sure this has been discussed before but why the hell doesn't criterion make region2 or region free dvds?!

cbrad: I'll imagine you as Sean Bateman for the rest of my life.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: rustinglass

Tarantino owns the rights to this special edition? Someone jump on his ass to send it to Criterion!

not good for us "region2" folks.

I'm sure this has been discussed before but why the hell doesn't criterion make region2 or region free dvds?!

many Criterion's are actually region 0 and since Criterion is getting more popular, it is more frequent that new releases are in fact region 0. Just don't quote me as saying they all are.

Kal

I actually imagine him as Dawson Leery  :roll:

tpfkabi

uma and qt are on the cover of rolling stone.
i didn't read too much for fear of ruining the movie Friday.
it seemed like they were trying to play some kind of u/qt romance thing up in the article from some of the bolded quotes, but i just scanned it so i shall revisited it next week.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

Quote from: El Duderino on April 8th

Rolling Stone Article

i think they'd make such a badass couple
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

in regards to the last full paragraph in that article...what was Kubrick meeting with Uma for?
I like to hug dogs

rustinglass

many Criterion's are actually region 0 and since Criterion is getting more popular, it is more frequent that new releases are in fact region 0. Just don't quote me as saying they all are.

I did not know that... thanks.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

©brad

Quote from: the great andyk

I actually imagine him as Dawson Leery  :roll:

sadly, i'm actually more like dawson.  :?

nix

In three hours...

I will watch Uma Thurman...

KILL BILL
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

rustinglass

Oh, rub it in a little more, will ya?

Oh, and goodbye to this thread for a little while I will only visit this side of the ship again when i've seen the film in a few weeks.
-Emir Kusturica

Just Withnail

Did she get him?

Edit: Woops. My Pc clock is another timezone.

A Matter Of Chance

I love Quentin Tarantino

I love Uma Thurman (more, I think)

I am amazingly pumped for this movie, and I haven't been very excited for a movie in a while.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Slombin regards to the last full paragraph in that article...what was Kubrick meeting with Uma for?

Kubrick was in early stages of casting for Eyes Wide Shut then and so that could have been it.

ono

That's what I'd say.  When you think about it, that's really the only option considering the time period, and how long it took for the film to get made.  He considered Harvey Keitel and Woody Allen, so Uma Thurman isn't that far off, and actually, she may have been a good Alice, IMO.