ETHAN HAWKE

Started by Finn, December 05, 2004, 12:21:02 PM

Finn

I've really, really started to like this guy's work. He started off very young in The Explorers and Dead Poets Soceity. Then several years later, he made Before Sunrise followed by Before Sunset nine years later. He was in the sci-fi Gattaca, the romance Great Expectations and Snow Falling on Cedars, and was up for an Oscar for Training Day. He's done many more films, but I think Great Expectations and Before Sunrise/Before Sunset are my favorite of his. With his romance movies, he always seems to play the role where he never gets the girl. But he's great at playing those roles. One of my favorite actors right now.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

modage

i always think of him being like his character in Reality Bites in real life.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02i always think of him being like his character in Reality Bites in real life.

HaHa. On the DVD's retrospective, he says he gets that all the time.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Delpy bites into 'Bathory' pic
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy are in final negotiations to star in "Bathory," which Bauer Martinez will finance, produce and distribute. Delpy will make her directorial debut on the picture, working from her own script about the legendary Elizabeth Bathory, who inspired many a vampire myth with sadistic rituals that included bathing in the blood of virgins.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Finn

sounds a little different than Before Sunset...but I'm interested in anything with Ethan Hawke (and Julie Delpy).
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."