Xixax Chat aka "cronopio's burial ground" ..and on the 453rd day it rose again

Started by Kal, December 15, 2003, 02:06:00 AM

fth

Quote from: NEON MERCURYi am trying to get ove rmy shyness and chat w/ yous...

but when i click on "chat live" another window pops up but a red "x" just appears and nothign else....how do i fix this??..help!
Try installing Java .. then try the chat again.  

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

ono

Pubrick

thank god, walrus, and everyone else who's been chatting up ono in all the threads please join him in the chat room. for the love of all that is on-topic!
under the paving stones.

Thrindle

Classic.

SHAFTR

Quote from: Thrindle on November 06, 2005, 12:13:42 AM
Does this exist anymore?

I was just about to post saying I was in the chat...but I don't think there is a chat anymore.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

ono

Ah, but there is.

EDIT: I'll explain.  Looks like the link is gone, but realize, you don't need the Java chat to connect to Xixax's chat room.  Just get an IRC client.  I like mIRC for Windows, and Mozilla's built-in chat client for Mac.  Connect to irc.maddancermedia.com, channel #xixax, and there it is.

Weak2ndAct

ono

Pubrick

Faithful, the person who monitors the chat room, says now that no one has access to it without their own chat client, it is not any less active than it was when everyone had access to it. the fact is no one had used the chat in months and at best it only became a breeding ground for Ariel to post pictures of himself masturbating.

i understand the use of it in cases like special events, only in theory cos group chats are dead too, but is there enuff legitimate interest on your part to bring it back or is it a case of wanting it just cos it's not there?
under the paving stones.

Weak2ndAct

I don't know about others, but I'll certainly pop in if I'm drunk, at home, and on the 'xax.

I won't freak out if it's gone, but it's nice if it's there.

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

pete

it's hard to get a few xixax heads together in one chat room and actually chat, but I don't think it's fair to say it's dead or nobody uses it.  I think it gets used quite often, even if it's just different combinations of the same dozen people.  It makes the kids happy.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

context, context, context.