before tarantino? jerk discussion

Started by prophet, May 28, 2004, 06:43:02 PM

prophet

is tarantino the first to have different stories cross eachother.

(i'm probably going to get smashed on by pubikhair)
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Dirk

Nashville by Robert Altman (1975) is the first one that came off the top of my head. Probably some others before that one though.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

RegularKarate

P's tired (and brilliant play on words, btw), so I'll go ahead ask you...

is this the only website you can access on the internet or something?

anway... no, Tarantino was far from the first.

cowboykurtis

i would say D.W. Griffiths INTOLERANCE -- 4 interwoven stories -- quite an impressive movie
...your excuses are your own...

Pubrick

Quote from: prophet(i'm probably going to get smashed on by pubikhair)
the only reason u get "smashed" is cos u ask retarded questions.

the answer to this one is "how effing limited is ur knowledge of film that u seriously believe for a second that sum jerk, almost 100 years after cinema was invented, was the first to think of telling more than one story at once????"

read a book, son, check other sites on the interweb, parallel/intertwining stories was one of the greatest developments in cinema history. i mean, the level of ignorance in ur questions is just mind boggling.

there must be so little going on up there that u make this guy..

look like a genius.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

That was unfair and completely unwarranted to call Tarantino a jerk. I am disgusted.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

The Silver Bullet

Quote from: StefenThat was unfair and completely unwarranted to call Tarantino a jerk. I am disgusted.
Tarantino is a jerk.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

El Duderino

Quote from: The Silver Bullet
Quote from: StefenThat was unfair and completely unwarranted to call Tarantino a jerk. I am disgusted.
Tarantino is a jerk.

explanation?

and prophet....21 Grams and Amores Perros
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

cine

Quote from: El Duderinoand prophet....21 Grams and Amores Perros

Title of thread: "before tarantino?"

The Silver Bullet

Quote from: El Duderinoexplanation?
Okay. A quote:

QuoteI really do think directing is a young man's game. If I say Martin Scorses' movies are getting kind of geriatric he can say, "F_ck you, man! I'm doing what I want to do, I'm following my muse," and he's one hundred percent right. I'm in my church praying to my God and he's in his church praying to his. There was a time we were in the same church, and I miss that. I don't want to go to that church. If I was headed to that church, I would write novels.
And another:

QuoteEW: If you were teaching a class on your own films, what deficiences would you point out?

QT: The answer is none. I'm sure somebody else might find weaknesses, but I can't. If there's a weakness, I don't do it — you'll never see the scene.
Just things like that. That's all I'm talking about. Those are things that a jerk would say.
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.

ElPandaRoyal

Si

The Silver Bullet

Quote from: ElPandaRoyal:roll:
I liked my rebuttal better.
  • A hare.

mutinyco

Thanks for clearing all that up, guys. I didn't realize there were MOVIES before Tarantino.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Alethia

how do they sound like the comments of a jerk?  they just sound honest and rather confident to me.

pete

before tarantino?  that's like asking before primedial soup.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton